Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Enrollment / Signup Bonuses (archival)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Originally Posted by nfg05
thanks for ADV30, just recognized upon enrollment for me!
Is this the best enrollment bonus on the table? My son will be flying as a lap-child, so I've been meaning to sign him up, but it's not crucial at this time and I can therefore afford to wait until a better offer comes along. Do others advise waiting?

Many thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:57 am

Usually difficult to get your signup AAdvantage bonus?

Been through 2 emails (3 if you count what I sent today) all trying to get my 1,000 miles signup bonus from back in Feb.

It's only 1,000 miles but the principle that I should get them bugs me. Anyone else with advice? Call them or just wait?

Here's the response to my initial email...

Thanks for contacting AAdvantage® Customer Service. We're sorry you've
been kept waiting.

Let me be one of the first to welcome you into the AAdvantage program!
We're delighted you're a member. We also want to thank you for your
interest in the AAdvantage HIS10 promotion. We know you are anxious to
receive the bonus associated with this offer.

The bonus miles earned will be posted to your AAdvantage account 6-8
weeks following enrollment.

To view your AAdvantage account online, please go to our website at
www.aa.com. Login with your AAdvantage number and password, then click
on the 'My Account' link at the top of the page.

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter. If you have any other
AAdvantage issues or questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
I signed someone up for Aadvantage using the HIS10 promo code too and she did not receive the bonus either. I don't think it has been chased up though.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Signed my mother up under that promotion in January and still no bonus miles.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
My wife joined in March and used HIS10 and still no points. Were there any conditions attached to this bonus?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:04 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Recent thread on the posting (or lack thereof) of the HIS10 enrollment bonus has been merged into the main AA Enrollment Bonus thread.

If you look back to the posts starting in the late-60s in this thread, you'll find the first mentions of the HIS10 promo. (One member did also report in April 2010 that the 1000 mile bonus did post.)

/Moderator
Old Jun 17, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Originally Posted by jlsw7
I signed someone up for Aadvantage using the HIS10 promo code too and she did not receive the bonus either. I don't think it has been chased up though.
I have since chased this up with an email to AA and the 1,000 miles have posted.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:59 am

I signed up on Feb 28th and this morning both my wife's and my own 1,000 points posted as well.

Approx 4 months later but I got em. 3 emails total, never called.

Now to work on getting the 1,000 point Advantage shopping signup bonus...
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:30 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jlsw7
I have since chased this up with an email to AA and the 1,000 miles have posted.
Originally Posted by slider34
I signed up on Feb 28th and this morning both my wife's and my own 1,000 points posted as well.

Approx 4 months later but I got em. 3 emails total, never called.
Sigh...they don't make it easy sometimes, do they? (Just wish that AAdvantage would follow the T&C like they expect us to...if it says the bonus will post in 6-8 weeks, then it really shouldn't require additional legwork on behalf of the member. Oh well, I apparently live in a fantasy world of rainbows, leprechauns, and unicorns. )

Well, at least you got your miles in the end, and thanks for reporting back with your success.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:43 pm

I just tried the HIS10 promo code and it gave a message "The offer associated with that promo code is expired." Did anyone get that message and still get points after trying over email?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:43 am

Just getting started - any AA signup offers?

Guys

I'm just getting started for a friend on these offers with the Citi 75k cards. He doesn't have an AAdvantage number as yet. I know the first credit card will automatically assign him one but wondering if AA has any offers themselves when one opens a new AA account and if they have any free miles

Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by sam007
Guys

I'm just getting started for a friend on these offers with the Citi 75k cards. He doesn't have an AAdvantage number as yet. I know the first credit card will automatically assign him one but wondering if AA has any offers themselves when one opens a new AA account and if they have any free miles

Thanks
read the sticky at the top of the forum you're posting in, and all will be revealed:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ere-first.html
Old Aug 9, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
My wife has now received HIS10 sign-up bonus and AAdvantage shopping miles. We are so grateful that we have now purchased miles for a trip Europe-Sydney next year (probably Paris departure). It may even be worth a miles transfer from my son to travel J.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by traveldreams2reality
I just tried the HIS10 promo code and it gave a message "The offer associated with that promo code is expired." Did anyone get that message and still get points after trying over email?
Same here...trying to enroll Mrs Mud, which they did without warning the code was not active anymore !!!
I will try and send an email as well

what about you traveldreams2reality ?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
got this message when enrolling. oh well.

The offer associated with the HIS10 promotion has expired. Please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.