Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:,Guide to, and listing of, compensation (2003 - 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:40 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by amrom
Thank you so much uxb for your so very helpful information.
I do see that its a BA ticket number and the YYZ-JFK was under the BA flight no. But I would rather deal with AA as I am gold there, and would also appreciate some miles, for the terrible service I was given throughout, I believe I can come to them, as they were the operating carrier, and the only one able to help at the time, right? Thanks
You'll prolly have an easier time dealing with AA given the circumstances. If you don't get any satisfaction from AA CR, then contact AA CS. Let us know what happens.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:45 am

Also, is it possible that the EC rules, state that when rerouting, the airline is only responsible for accomodation if the new flight time, is over 24 hours later? Thats what I saw on one of the sites.
EDIT: It actually says the day after departure, not 24 hours, so it should work!

Last edited by amrom; Dec 28, 2011 at 11:15 am
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:42 am
uxb

Also, is it possible that the EC rules, state that when rerouting, the airline is only responsible for accomodation if the new flight time, is over 24 hours later? Thats what I saw on one of the sites.
EDIT: It actually says the day after departure, not 24 hours, so it should work!
I think I quoted the law correctly. If not, then one of my peers will chime in short order. Let us know what happens.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
My friend was flying to Maui on Dec 18 on AA and was offered $400 than $800 a person in vouchers to volunteer. He was traveling with his family of four and he desperately wanted to take the offer, but his wife was having none of it -- "this is our family vacation and I'm not losing a day just so take stupid vouchers" she said to him.

I don't think my wife would have gone for it as well.

What was amazing was NO ONE took the offer. At least that is what he told me.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
My friend was flying to Maui on Dec 18 on AA and was offered $400 than $800 a person in vouchers to volunteer. He was traveling with his family of four and he desperately wanted to take the offer, but his wife was having none of it -- "this is our family vacation and I'm not losing a day just so take stupid vouchers" she said to him.

I don't think my wife would have gone for it as well.

What was amazing was NO ONE took the offer. At least that is what he told me.
$3200 to miss one day!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
I think I quoted the law correctly. If not, then one of my peers will chime in short order. Let us know what happens.
Ok, I chose to speak to AA CR on the phone explained the situation, she said that I should be entitled to reimbursement, and I should send in the receipts to the mailing address she provided. Thanks alot
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:05 pm
uxb

Ok, I chose to speak to AA CR on the phone explained the situation, she said that I should be entitled to reimbursement, and I should send in the receipts to the mailing address she provided. Thanks alot
You're welcome. Glad to hear things worked out.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
20,000 Miles for inoperable IFE on 777

Received 20,000 miles for a non-working, inoperable IFE in J (seat 11G) on flight from PVG to LAX - December 18, 2011.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
abk

Programs: aa exp/7.7 mm but going for 8mm, spg platinum, ual 643,415 air miles and no longer trying

exp

purchased business upgraded with evip to first

I was in seat 2d and it would not recline. The Fa manually worked into a position that was neither sitting or lying but somewhere in the middle which was actually worse that the upright position. There where no other seats in F other than the crew rest seats but their was a seat in J that I used for sleeping. Sent an email yesterday around 6pm and received 10,000 points today.

10,000 points. If I had it to do over again I would have asked for my evip back.

Originally Posted by EaglesOhThree
to me 10,000 miles seems very low
I agree. If I got 20,000 for a non-working IFE in J - on a shorter flight - you should have at least received 50,000 for a non-working F seat. Something smells fishy.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by laxconnorw
Received 20,000 miles for a non-working, inoperable IFE in J (seat 11G) on flight from PVG to LAX - December 18, 2011.
20k for in-op IFE? That sounds way high for comp. Congrats on getting it, but I think 5-10k is more in line with other's experiences.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by laxconnorw
abk

Programs: aa exp/7.7 mm but going for 8mm, spg platinum, ual 643,415 air miles and no longer trying

exp

purchased business upgraded with evip to first

I was in seat 2d and it would not recline. The Fa manually worked into a position that was neither sitting or lying but somewhere in the middle which was actually worse that the upright position. There where no other seats in F other than the crew rest seats but their was a seat in J that I used for sleeping. Sent an email yesterday around 6pm and received 10,000 points today.

10,000 points. If I had it to do over again I would have asked for my evip back.

I agree. If I got 20,000 for a non-working IFE in J - on a shorter flight - you should have at least received 50,000 for a non-working F seat. Something smells fishy.
I think its more your experience being out of the ordinary . That said OP should probably have received closer to 20k and you closer to 10k. Maybe they mixed up the customers in their compensations
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation

N.B. This thread is for reference only; please post your questions or experiences with compensation here:

Guide to, and listing of, compensation (2012 - consolidated)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.