Wiki Posts
Search

New Admiral's Club Cuisine

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cstead
they have a juice fridge??!?!? or is that behind the bar, in the paid-for section? I would love some tasty Odwalla when I'm connecting in LAX

It's behind the bar in the Admirals Club, not the Flagship Lounge.

Actually, I think the two different lounges are catered completely independently. They have separate kitchens, and there is absolutely no product overlap. The cheese & crackers available in the AC are completely different from those available in the FL. Same with the cookies. Overall, the food items are completely different in the FL rather than being an enhancement of what is available in the AC. Even the napkins and silverware are different. In fact, the only carry-over seems to be the coffee cups.

My point is: I don't think the FL currently offers the Odwalla, even though it is available next door in the AC. If you wanted an Odwalla beverage, you probably would have to pay for it even if you were using the FL on the day.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA EXP, UAL Premier Exec
AC new food

exactly! But the Turkey Panini with Spinach was AMAZING.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 9:16 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
^ This is great news as far as I'm concerned. Now I can just head for the club when I'm really hungry instead of trying to decide if I want to hassle with food somewhere else in the terminal before heading for the club!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 9:46 pm

Programs: Various
I noticed a new menu at the LAX Admiral's club when I was there about 2 weeks ago. It was nicely presented in a menu holder and 3 pages IIRC. The bartender mentioned that it had just started. Also there were munchies/nuts/snacks on a rack available for purchase (not just potato chips) I didn't try anything, as I was there at 11pm, but it looked like a few nice improvements.

If I am ever given a voucher for a delay, I would definitely consider using it towards a purchase of something here as opposed to the choices in T4.

Slightly Off Topic: I also noticed the Manhattan Beach Brewing Co (bar) in T4 is closed. Good ol' HMS (FS Contractor) has posted a banner stating new options are coming soon. There were a few logos of places represented, but the one that caught my eye was La Brea Bakery. We'll see what materializes.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 9:53 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I, for one, am disappointed by these changes.

The STL Admirals Club had a number of locally sourced options which we far better than the nationally available ones. I had been warned they were going away.. I guess this means sooner rather than later.

Greg
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:59 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by Robt760
There were a few logos of places represented, but the one that caught my eye was La Brea Bakery. We'll see what materializes.
A La Brea Bakery would be a welcome addition. T4 is a wasteland when it comes to food. A couple of months ago I was starved and everything was shut down because the health inspectors had closed them. The only thing open was the Starbucks and the line must have been 200 people long. It would have been nice if the new AC food options had been available then.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by EXPflyBoy
exactly! But the Turkey Panini with Spinach was AMAZING.
I agree as well. I had one recently and it was delicious. I too am excited about the new food options. The Tex Mex turkey wrap looks fabulous too.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Robt760
I noticed a new menu at the LAX Admiral's club when I was there about 2 weeks ago.

Slightly Off Topic: I also noticed the Manhattan Beach Brewing Co (bar) in T4 is closed. Good ol' HMS (FS Contractor) has posted a banner stating new options are coming soon. There were a few logos of places represented, but the one that caught my eye was La Brea Bakery. We'll see what materializes.
Not a big loss; they hadn't actually served any of the MBBC's beers for a very long time. And MBBC's beers themselves aren't all that exceptional.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, Marriott Silver
Nutritional information?

Does anyone know where to find the nutritional information on these new items? Now that NY requires the posting of calories and fat etc. I would think that information would be available.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Chickstein
Does anyone know where to find the nutritional information on these new items? Now that NY requires the posting of calories and fat etc. I would think that information would be available.

If the individual items do not have nutrition facts listed on the wrapper/packaging, then you can ask the bar staff to provide the detailed listings. The FDA requires the info to be readily available to consumers.

Realistically, the best thing to do is to check the website of the company producing the food.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:12 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
SFO on the list

I looked at the list of places where this will be unveiled in the "coming months" (yay, SJC is on the list ). I saw that SFO was listed. I've read here that SFO is not allowed to have food, by mandate of the airport, due to the proximity of some food places, and agreements they have. Perhaps this is going to change?

The food places at SFO T3 are not bad, so it would be OK if it doesn't come to SFO, of course.

Cheers.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
just had the turkey panini. its not all that great. missing something, maybe tomatoes or more greens. ill let u know on the way back with another item
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
My point is: I don't think the FL currently offers the Odwalla, even though it is available next door in the AC. If you wanted an Odwalla beverage, you probably would have to pay for it even if you were using the FL on the day.
If you get drink chits on entering the AC, I think you could get juice with them.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I'm going to miss the DEN AC's menu. I really like their turkey sandwiches on croissants with homemade chocolate chip cookies. It's often my only meal on fly-back days.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I'm still not seeing the vegetarian options...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.