Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW-CCS full fare Y gold upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

DFW-CCS full fare Y gold upgrade

Kind of new to AAs elite and uprade policies.

Have puchased full Y fare DFW-CCS via MIA. Would this qualify for an upgrade (gold here) on the DFW-MIA segment?

Agent said only upgrade was 24 hrs prior. Is that correct?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by spstx
Kind of new to AAs elite and uprade policies.

Have puchased full Y fare DFW-CCS via MIA. Would this qualify for an upgrade (gold here) on the DFW-MIA segment?

Agent said only upgrade was 24 hrs prior. Is that correct?
Yes. Only benefit of full Y is you don't have to use stickers (electronic upgrade credits) for the domestic legs.

Come to think of it there might be a reduced mileage upgrade award available too for full Y- might be a better approach as I don't think you can use stickers to Bolivia.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
deleted

Last edited by aamilesslave; Jul 23, 2008 at 8:20 pm Reason: trusted that poster #2 knew where the obscure airport codes CCS was - he didn't
Old Jul 23, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by spstx

Have puchased full Y fare DFW-CCS via MIA.
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
as I don't think you can use stickers to Bolivia.
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Full Y to J mileage upgrades to Bolivia are 10k miles (going up to 15k miles 01 Oct)..
Now we need a coup or an agreement between Morales and Chavez to partition Venezuela somehow so Caracas winds up being a part of Bolivia and he is aces.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Where in the world is CCS?

Saw an Austrialian TV program that questioned US tourists about geography. One of the questions was to name a country whose name started with "U". None of those shown thought to mention the United States.

Venezuela-Bolivia-Ecuador (and Argentina): Chavez "friends".....
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Now we need a coup or an agreement between Morales and Chavez to partition Venezuela somehow so Caracas winds up being a part of Bolivia and he is aces.
That'll teach the OP to spell out obscure airport codes.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
The agent was misinformed. Electronic upgrades are not valid to South America, whether Venezuela or Bolivia (though in this case, the former is correct).
Old Jul 24, 2008, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Free Y/B upgrades are only good to places where stickers are used (i.e., U.S., Canada, Carib, CentAm). CCS is not a city where stickers are accepted, therefore you will need to use miles (or eVIP) to upgrade.

Of course, I wish the northern South American cities would be upgradeable with stickers. MIA-CCS is about half the distance of a U.S. transcon.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:29 pm

deleted

Last edited by aamilesslave; Jul 25, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.