Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Note: Main Cabin Extra has been rolled out for the 767-323ER; the forward coach mini-cabin has gone from four to three rows of seats, and which of them are best are discussed here:
Best MCE / Main Cabin Extra seats on the 763 / 767-300 (consolidated).

AA thread describing MCE . . . . . . . . . . . FT main general MCE thread
Print Wikipost

Best 763 / 767-300ER coach / Y seat / seating (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Ok based on the advise here, we've moved to 21C and 21G, has powerports according to seatguru.

Thanks for the input, hopefully the EVIP's clear.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 2:30 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
If Row 20 seats are so BAD why do AA keep them for Elites.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 3:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by UncleDude
The do have a bit more room as they are at the bulkhead, and I suppose there might be people who like to sit bolt upright for 6-10 hours...to each his own taste.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 3:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by deac83
Ok based on the advise here, we've moved to 21C and 21G, has powerports according to seatguru.

What advice here??? Don't blame anyone here for your move to 21 CG.
21 C G they are normal horrible Y seats, The seats in front of you recline into you and if you are counting on empty seat between you don't. It rarely happens in August to CDG.

If 21 ab hg are not available and upgrades don't clear you will just have to realize that you are stuck in awful seats for 7 hours.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 5:29 am
Original Poster

First I did find it interesting that on the two 763 flights that row 20 was wide open. They are 'red' seats on seatguru.

We plan on sleeping most of the way there so while bad not as bad as being awake for the entire flight.

The good news is we are going over in July, so no worries about August.

Flight is quite wide open and there is a very good chance that the EVIPs will clear but just in case need to find the best alternative.

If anyone has flown in row 12 (for the return), seatguru shows a powerport 'dot' on 12 HJ but the text says there is no powerport. So one way or another seatguru has the wrong information for those seats.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The good news is we are going over in July, so no worries about August.

Flight is quite wide open and there is a very good chance that the EVIPs will clear but just in case need to find the best alternative.
The same advice applies for July as it does August, and "wide open" doesn't mean a whole lot until the doors close. I've been on tons of flights that are still "wide open" all the way up to 24 hour prior, and then all of those people who bought tix on Expedia, throgh consolidators, or are just too lazy, now have seat assignments, and the open middle seat goes away in a hurry
Old Jul 9, 2008, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
And for the record, I turned in my confirmed J seat so I could take Mrs. Deac83 with us both in coach, hoping for a EVIP upgrade.

Just re read this.... Why did you turn in your confirmed seat? Now you need two vips to clear??? I am missing the logic here. Isn't it easier to get one to clear than two??
Old Jul 9, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
OP was likely given an allowance or some such thing for J ticket for work purposes. It sounds like he has agreed with his employer to trade that allowance in for two Y tickets in order to bring his wife along. Sounds like a win/win to me as Y x 2 is probably < J cost wise. This way the OP and his wife don't have the out of pocket expense of purchasing a separate ticket for her that may or may not clear an upgrade.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Correct with an added twist.

Actually going to Brussels, which J priced out at $7200. Corp travel pointed out that Delta Biz would be $5000.

Then came up with the option of flying to CDG spend the week-end in Paris, train up to BRU for a week of meetings and flying Y with Mrs. Deac83 for <$5,000 which is allowed under corp travel policy.

I knew the corp travel police would be coming after me to switch to Delta, so somewhat of a defensive move since AA doubled the price of the lowest fare J to BRU in the last week or so for these dates.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Row 20 have decent seats if you are 6 feet tall and under. I'm 6' 4'' and it can be painful for your legs when you are on a 8+ hour flight. However, Row 21 offer more recline and extra leg room. Row 20's legroom is limited by the buckhead wall.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond

Yikes. I hope you are short and if 20 C & G recline their seats.....Good Luck!!:
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Well, EVIP 1 of 4 has cleared 2 weeks prior to departure. So only one of us needs to be short.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:23 am

Coach / Economy seat selection 767-300 / 763

I'm on the AA flight from Boston - London, and , for my sins, am flying coach

The travel dept put me in seat 21 b , which is an exit row aisle seat. Anyone know if this is 'good" or bad (use your own criteria) . I'm (ahem) broader than I am tall , so leg room is not the primary issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I still have time to change the seats

Are there any sites which discuss this issue

TIA
--George
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:27 am

www.seatguru.com

www.seatexpert.com

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 20, 2010 at 8:01 pm Reason: add seatexpert
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:36 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by georgepds
I'm on the AA flight from Boston - London, and , for my sins, am flying coach

The travel dept put me in seat 21 b , which is an exit row aisle seat. Anyone know if this is 'good" or bad (use your own criteria) . I'm (ahem) broader than I am tall , so leg room is not the primary issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I still have time to change the seats

Are there any sites which discuss this issue

TIA
--George
I can only think of a single potential occasion in which an exit row seat is not better than any alternative in the back of the bus (and even then such a seat may be preferable if you're capable of quick situational response). Should the aircraft make a unplanned controlled descent into terrain (or if over that Atlantic, into the alternative to terrain, water), a substantial number of folks will attempt to use your seat as an aisle to egress.

Not only will your toes get stepped on, but plan on having your britches cleaned and pressed.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.