Wiki Posts
Search

763 ORD-MIA Change

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum 2MM , HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
763 ORD-MIA Change

Just checking our Feb and March vacation reservations on AA.com and I see that the flight has been switched to a 757 from a 767 with no e-mail notification. I also see that there are now 0 767's going from ORD-MIA during those times
I just hit Platinum and AA quickly sent out a quick congratulations for that but nothing for a schedule change (2 hour difference).
What's going on?
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's a long way from Feb. 2009. Logically they would prioritize notifications for earlier flights. Congrats on attaining Plat.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by pdh719
Just checking our Feb and March vacation reservations on AA.com and I see that the flight has been switched to a 757 from a 767 with no e-mail notification. I also see that there are now 0 767's going from ORD-MIA during those times
I just hit Platinum and AA quickly sent out a quick congratulations for that but nothing for a schedule change (2 hour difference).
What's going on?
Does AA notify if the aircraft type changes, but the times remain the same?
Old Jul 2, 2008, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Does AA notify if the aircraft type changes, but the times remain the same?
I was not aware they did.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT(1.8 MM); HH-GLD
Angry

I just received the notification of the change going from 763 to 757 for a flight on 24 November ORD to MIA
Old Jul 2, 2008, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum 2MM , HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
OP Here

Originally Posted by Mloebach
I just received the notification of the change going from 763 to 757 for a flight on 24 November ORD to MIA
Ok Thanks. It makes sense that AA is notifying the November passengers on this route first ( as on of the first replies stated).

Hopefully things will change for the better and AA will add the 763 again. The NGBC seats( sold as F domestically) are awesome!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Ok Thanks. It makes sense that AA is notifying the November passengers on this route first ( as on of the first replies stated).

Hopefully things will change for the better and AA will add the 763 again. The NGBC seats( sold as F domestically) are awesome!
LOL.... I used miles, in January, to upgrade the family for a SFO-MIA-GCM trip for June. A couple fo days later, while checking seats, I discovered the SFO-MIA segment changed from a NGBC 763 to a 757. I think the kids (13 &14) were more disappointed than I was.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:07 am

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
What's going on?
Isn't this one of the routes where the routes default in the schedules to smaller equipment until the schedules are finalized? Also, I think the hub-to-hub routes often fluctuate with which widebodies are flown when - look at the 777 on ORD-DFW-ORD. The flight itself has changed around, though the daily 777 in each direction has been around for a while now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.