Community
Wiki Posts
Search

62 flights to be cut at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by JumboD
"Ladies and gentlemen, pardon the delay of flight xxx from Chicago to YYY, the captain is busy stupfing his sister in the pilots' briefing room. We appreciate your patience."
I think that should be "shtupping his sister in the pilot's briefing room".

Cheers
Beachfan
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Copilot23
What a waste of time. I was hoping on getting some extensive info on what specific flights were being cut, and instead I read a thread on the tech support of spellcheck. Where's the moderators when you need them.

Anybody have a lead on specific flight cuts at ORD other than what was in the Trib article?
ROFL!!!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
I think that should be where're the moderators when you need them

Cheers.
You AA FT'ers are something else. I will try and keep my fingers glued to my face next time.

Ps: Maybe I should have used the word (I'd instead of I will or I'll)
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by beachfan
I think that should be "shtupping his sister in the pilot's briefing room".

Cheers
Beachfan
You do what you do with his sister, he'll do what he does with his sister.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, exiled from AA (2.7MM)
Talking give credit where credit is due

Clearly the poster intended 'incesstuous' as a portmanteau of 'incessant' and 'incestuous': i.e. "unending delays due to constant or repeated fooling around with family members".

It was obviously an intentional sniglet. Please don't misunderestimate the quality of FT posts or we will loose focus of the real issues here.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:41 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
With all these relevations about ORD delays, suddenly DFW seems a lot better.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The number of flights being scrubbed out of DFW/ORD/LGA are very small compared to overall number and will mean less a flight here and there. Not really a big impact at either three of the airports. Possibly, it will mean a longer connection time at a hub.

Analysts are saying that AA will need to cut capacity even more.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by NYC1K
Thanks for the catch. I wish there was a spell check button to use on FT for the "Webster" freaks.
Firefox provides a spell checker in input windows on just about every site I access.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by aspex
Firefox provides a spell checker in input windows on just about every site I access.
I don't use Firefox and I'm not about to use it because of FT.

NEXT!!!!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I don't use Firefox and I'm not about to use it because of FT.

NEXT!!!!
Ah, but there are many reasons to use Firefox, this being the least of them. Certainly don't let FT be a reason to use it. Let the Zen of Mozilla and the conquest of the Evil Software Empire be your guide to the wonders of Firefox

(Seriously, though, it really is a topnotch browsing experience.)

Cheers.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by brp
Ah, but there are many reasons to use Firefox, this being the least of them. Certainly don't let FT be a reason to use it. Let the Zen of Mozilla and the conquest of the Evil Software Empire be your guide to the wonders of Firefox

(Seriously, though, it really is a topnotch browsing experience.)

Cheers.
I used it once and it crashed my system. I think I blame MS for that because only WE can work on my computer. I have not tried to download the new version since I got a new laptop. I don't want to jinx myself again.

^
Old Jun 30, 2008, 2:52 pm

Here's a little info: just received a schedule change notice for an award trip in November. Looked into the changes and it appears that DEN-ORD is going down to 4x daily from 5.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
GOOD!! That should help with the incesstuous delays at ORD. Now only if UA will do likewise. ^
Maybe it is incestuous. Been hearing a lot of banging metal at the end of H and K concourses at night lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.