Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection on Alaska Code Share

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush Elite, AA Plat, BA Blue, and a host of others.
Seat Selection on Alaska Code Share

I booked a flight SEA-SAN on AA.com today which was an AS codeshare flight. I never got the chance to pick my seats, they were auto assigned. I've gone back into the reservation on AA.com but there is no option to select seats. Can I select seats in this situation? I also attempted to access the reservation on Alaska's web site to no avail.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:49 am

Programs: QC Life, AA
Originally Posted by dfotn
I booked a flight SEA-SAN on AA.com today which was an AS codeshare flight. I never got the chance to pick my seats, they were auto assigned. I've gone back into the reservation on AA.com but there is no option to select seats. Can I select seats in this situation? I also attempted to access the reservation on Alaska's web site to no avail.
About 6 months ago I booked SFO-ORD-DWT-ORD-SEA-SFO in F through AA.com and the SEA-SFO is on AS codeshare flight, however, at the time of booking I was able to select my seat on this flight on the AA website. When I go into reservations now, I notice that I am unable to do so with AS but I am able to still change seats on the AA flights. It would appear the ability to select F seats on codeshare has been removed recently.

Edit: More on seat selection page here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831974
Old Jun 9, 2008, 1:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Diamond, Delta Gold, Hertz #1 FSG
I booked a myriad of flights on AA which were AS codeshares and have never been able to select my seat. You really have to go to alaskaair.com and change your seat there, the catch being that your reservation number won't work - however, if you call alaska directly they will be able to locate your reservation and give you THEIR confirmation number (yes, its a different number). Unfortunately, you won't be able to get any preferred seating, so you'll likely have 27E to deal with. (can you sense the bitterness?!?!!?)
Old Jun 9, 2008, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Only calling Alaska has worked for me.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
It has been my experience (and I learned this on FT) that you can have an AA CSR assign you seats on AS codeshares. As a Gold, you should be able to ask for exit row seating and get it.

Please note, that this hasn't worked for me when the AS flight was not a codeshare.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by 2TallSeaFlyer
It has been my experience (and I learned this on FT) that you can have an AA CSR assign you seats on AS codeshares. As a Gold, you should be able to ask for exit row seating and get it.

Please note, that this hasn't worked for me when the AS flight was not a codeshare.
I had the same experience. I was automatically assigned a bulkhead seat for SEA-ORD (AS codeshare) when I purchased the ticket last night. When I called AA this morning, the CSR had no problem giving me an exit row seat.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Lutz
I had the same experience. I was automatically assigned a bulkhead seat for SEA-ORD (AS codeshare) when I purchased the ticket last night. When I called AA this morning, the CSR had no problem giving me an exit row seat.
I was able to select preferred seats through our work reservations system,
Old Sep 29, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
I was able to select preferred seats through our work reservations system,
Same here. On Thursday, the EXP desk set me right up in a very good exit row seat.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by diaspora04
Same here. On Thursday, the EXP desk set me right up in a very good exit row seat.
Maybe this is an EXP perk because as PLT I was told I have to call AS to get the assignment done.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
No problem getting AA to assign me an exit row seat (over the phone).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.