Search

LI Family to sue AA over Nuts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
LI Family to sue AA over Nuts

http://wcbstv.com/local/peanuts.ryah....2.739627.html

I dont think AA did wrong here as its hearsay what the parents were told.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:15 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Disappointing, but entirely expected in our society

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:19 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
You've got to be kidding me:

Ryahn's parents had travelled with him previously on other airlines, they said, where announcements were made and flyers posted, informing passengers to take reasonable precautions to keep nuts off the flights.
...and let the jokes about 'keeping nuts off the flights' begin.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Perhaps the child in question should learn from his parents approach to litigation and sue them for placing him in danger in the first place...

I have to think that if a child of mine suffered from an allergy severe enough to require that the entire plane has to remain 'nut free' that I just wouldn't take the child onto a scheduled flight as you really can't ensure that nobody buys nuts before boarding regardless of what is served in flight.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Perhaps the parents are the ones who put a price on the child's life. It is so critical and they don't need the money maybe they should have rented a plane.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Let's be brutally honest.

In the past, kids who are as allergic to nuts as this kid supposedly is would have just died at some point (proabably without anyone knowing the reason why).
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Let's be brutally honest.

In the past, kids who are as allergic to nuts as this kid supposedly is would have just died at some point (proabably without anyone knowing the reason why).
Yeah, but now we get to sue others for our inability to take proper precautions for a defective kid. It's someone else's fault/responsibility.

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinium 1.55MM AVIS Preferred Hertz Gold Marriott Platinum
What if peanut terrorists has sprayed peanut dust on all of the tray tables before they got off the last flight.....
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
And here I thought we needed an Almond index!

Can we class action on that to bring the cashews back?

-SF
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP+2MM & WN CP
If they are so worried about their precious son then don't put him in a place where he might be exposed to penuts! I sometimes pick-up the nuts and trailmix packages for flights as a healthy alternative to airplane options. So these people expect 130+ people to cater to one! Find a private plane and if you can't do that they stay home or drive!

Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
Wait a second, I just RTA and this kid didn't even get sick! I suppose they should sue their neighbor for keeping a rifle, because the kid might get shot.

I agree w/ PresRDC, what ever happened to Darwinism?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Seriously, this is nuts. (you know you saw that coming)
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:47 pm

Ha!

I read the article, he didn't even get sick. That precious snowflake and his over-protective ice queen can suck it.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
I was on a Southwest plane one time. As the flight attendant handing out their usual snacks of peanuts, the lady in front of me snapped at the crew and said out loudly "i specifically asked not to be served peanuts on this flight because i am allergic to peanuts!". The crew then apologized and said they were not aware of any request and stopped serving the peanuts.

What cracks me up is when the crew said to the lady "I'm sorry. May i asked if are you allergic to the dust/smell or are you allergic IF YOU EAT them?" The lady then said "i am allergic to eating them but i am ok on smelling them(dust etc). And the flight attendant replied " Then DON'T eat them" and resume handing out peanuts to other passengers.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by SDCA
I was on a Southwest plane one time. As the flight attendant handing out their usual snacks of peanuts, the lady in front of me snapped at the crew and said out loudly "i specifically asked not to be served peanuts on this flight because i am allergic to peanuts!". The crew then apologized and said they were not aware of any request and stopped serving the peanuts.

What cracks me up is when the crew said to the lady "I'm sorry. May i asked if are you allergic to the dust/smell or are you allergic IF YOU EAT them?" The lady then said "i am allergic to eating them but i am ok on smelling them(dust etc). And the flight attendant replied " Then DON'T eat them" and resume handing out peanuts to other passengers.
WN rocks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.