Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Uh-oh, UA also eliminates 500-mile EQM minimum; Add your speculation about AA here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uh-oh, UA also eliminates 500-mile EQM minimum; Add your speculation about AA here

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
I bet UA and US looked at the total numbers of miles given -v- actually flown and found millions or billions of non revenuew miles. AA will eventually do the same (non scientific prognostication).
Old May 17, 2008, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bdemaria
If AADER doesn't post until late summer, how has it already helped you regain PLT?
Presumably he is flying substantially more during the promotion period to qualify for PLT already. My goal was to fly a few to make EXP on miles by the end of the year, but by doing so, I have qualified for PLT already due to the miles for the flights BEFORE the bonus is added.
Old May 17, 2008, 9:02 am

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Originally Posted by bdemaria
If AADER doesn't post until late summer, how has it already helped you regain PLT?

Sorry, wasn't very clear in that post - got PLT through the Challenge from flights I did in March, and am using AADER to requal for next year.

Of course, it would've been great if I found some secret registration code that caused AA to post my AADER bonus early - would've certainly shared that on here!
Old May 23, 2008, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
A well-known member of Exile Island (aka Traveling Better AA forum) is now reporting that the elimination of 500 mile minimum is in the next round of changes at AA (among other things)

Old May 23, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by miamigrad
A well-known member of Exile Island (aka Traveling Better AA forum) is now reporting that the elimination of 500 mile minimum is in the next round of changes at AA (among other things)

Well, if its said there, http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=2308, you can pretty much bank on it. Safe travels Y'all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.