Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does AA update their prices at a certain time daily?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2008, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, MR, Alaska, AA, Delta, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Does AA update their prices at a certain time daily?

Basically, I have a international fare I'm happy about that I just checked on AA.com. I need a couple hours to discuss the itinerary before I purchase the ticket.

Last time, I waited a day and fares jumped by $500, so I just wanted to see if anyone knows if AA changes their prices at a certain time every day?

Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Originally Posted by slipstreamv2
Basically, I have a international fare I'm happy about that I just checked on AA.com. I need a couple hours to discuss the itinerary before I purchase the ticket.

Last time, I waited a day and fares jumped by $500, so I just wanted to see if anyone knows if AA changes their prices at a certain time every day?

Thanks.
Prices can change several times a day. Have you placed the fare you are happy about on hold at aa.com?
Old Apr 26, 2008, 7:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As ohioflyer says, the Revenue Management / Yield Management system is dynamic.

When fares are more likely to change may be the time you are least available to look.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 7:28 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Airfares are published to the GDS systems 4 (6?) times a day. Inventories are all in real-time, and an airline can zero out a bucket in an instant.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Platinum
My advice to you is to AT LEAST put it on hold. I had a similar situation on Wednesday; was trying to book a MR with my $500 voucher from the MD80 fiasco, to maximize the AADER promotion.
I was originally looking at BHM-SJU, with a routing through SFO. I ended up finding some bad-a fares right around $500. In the course of checking my schedule for the next few weeks, looking into hotel rooms, etc.., the minimum fares I could find skyrocketed to approximately $700+.
Luckily, I'm almost equidistant from ATL and BHM, so I started my search through Atlanta. Over the course of the next few hours, the iteneraries I priced out ranged from $460 to $700+ at the cheapest. Luckily I was able to finally grab one that came out at $560 a/i that fit my schedule: ATL-DFW-SFO-BOS-SJU-MIA-SFO-DFW-ATL, June 6-9. Only 2 hotel nights required. With my 'apology' e-voucher cost: $60 for around 25k EQM and RDM (with my Plat bonus)!
Sorry to go off on a tangent there, but I'm just really excited about the MR I cooked up... Point being, my indecision almost cost me the great fares a couple of times; over the course of a few hours prices seemed to be jumping around a good bit; so I've you've got something good, HOLD IT!

^
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals, PC Plat Ambassidor, CO PLT, UA Premiere Executive, Boycotting: Hilton, Delta, NWA,
And remember it's all based on fare class. Prices may seem to fluctuate more based on what fare you're on, but really there's been no fare updates, just seats disappearing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.