Search

Earn miles on Q fare?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:20 pm
AGS
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Earn miles on Q fare?

Forgive me if this question is obvious to most of you, but I searched AA.com and this forum and couldn't find anything. I have a reservation on hold that is a Q fare and want to verify that it will earn AAdvantage miles. Does it?

Thanks,
AGS
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AGS
Forgive me if this question is obvious to most of you, but I searched AA.com and this forum and couldn't find anything. I have a reservation on hold that is a Q fare and want to verify that it will earn AAdvantage miles. Does it?

Thanks,
AGS
If you go to the AAdvantage -> Partners and Mileage programmes and then select View more details about elite qualification requirements , it will show you the table of eligability

Q is normally eligable except for transatlantic flights

Dave
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The rules are mentioned several places, particularly the page Dave mentions - and I should be surprised if it isn't mentioned in the Wiki as well.

** Tickets between North America and Europe, India, Asia and Latin America booked in O and Transatlantic tickets booked in Q are not eligible for mileage credit.

So, it depends on where the fare will take you - transatlantic you will not earn miles.
Old May 28, 2008, 6:48 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Thinking about going to AMM.
Searched aa.com, the cheapest fare is $960+ in Q fare.
AA6299/6298 ORD-AMM-ORD OPERATED BY ROYAL JORDANIAN.
Is this flight considered transatlantic? If yes, does that mean that I can not earn miles?
Thanks

yuchung5
Old May 28, 2008, 7:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's exactly what it means; last time I checked you have to cross the Atlantic to fly from the US to Jordan, continental drift and the Mediterranean notwithstanding. . AA codeshares are just like AA flights as far as earning AAdvantage miles. It may not cost much to "upfare" to a miles-earning fare, but you may have to hold the booking and call Web Services, or merely spend the money and call AA.

Originally Posted by yuchung5
Thinking about going to AMM.
Searched aa.com, the cheapest fare is $960+ in Q fare.
AA6299/6298 ORD-AMM-ORD OPERATED BY ROYAL JORDANIAN.
Is this flight considered transatlantic? If yes, does that mean that I can not earn miles?
Thanks

yuchung5
Old May 28, 2008, 8:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
That's exactly what it means; last time I checked you have to cross the Atlantic to fly from the US to Jordan, continental drift and the Mediterranean notwithstanding. . .
You don't HAVE to, they happen to, big difference. You can head west, cross the Pacific and get there as well. Or via the North Pole. Or if you fly on the carrier featured in that "we have to stablize the earth's core" movie (which name escapes me) , through the centre of the Earth.

It is a funny question though, as you rightly observe, how else would they get there, e.g. where is the Atlantic Ocean relative to ORD and AMM and why would one need to ponder the possibility of a favourable decision?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.