Search

AA tickets on DB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:31 am
Used to be 'martinnj99'
Original Poster

AA tickets on DB

Hey guys,

I hve travelled a lot around Europe by train and a lot of the times even if you have a ticket for one set time on a set date, usually if you just go to the ticket booth and want to hop on the next day's train it is not an issue.

So on AA issued train tickets (you know when connecting via FRA) can you do that? If you have a ticket for 12.45 pm on the day you arrive, you think you can hop on the 12.45 train the next day?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:57 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
DB does have tickets that require you to use the specified time/date/train, but these are generally their deep discount fares. The AA issued tickets should be able to be used any time.

This isn't the case with all European train tickets. Certain trains require you to use on the specified date, as well, you will have a reserved seat (Thalys and Eurostar come to mind).
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I know you can use them for other trains the same day, but I'm not sure if you can use them on other days.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:52 am
Used to be mmsteidl

Programs: AA PLAT for life, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat Ambassador
A word of caution: my information is two-three years old.

I have sometimes taken only one train earlier than the one that was specified on my ticket and the controller only very reluctantly accepted the ticket, arguing that the ticket was for one specific train, just as the airline ticket is for one specific flight. I asked AA about it once, and they said that was nonsense, I could take other trains (but I think they referred to trains at least at the same day).

On the other hand, DB has gotten really strict about their tickets tied to specific trains. If it is not a flexible train ticket and you lose your train, the ticket is just not valid for anything anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.