Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Meal-taking order in J/F? I know I read it somewhere on... (FEBO!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone direct me to information regarding the order in which FAs seek meal requests from first class passengers?

I recall that it depended upon the flight number but cannot for the life of me find the thread.

Thanks,
Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:17 pm

On even # flights, they start at the front of the cabin, and from the back on odd # flights.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
The term is "FEBO" which is short for "Front Even Back Odd".
Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Febo

FEBO=F(ront) E(ven) B(ack) O(dd)

Oops! previous posters beat me to it while I was taking 10 minutes to highlight the FEBO letters

Last edited by ROW2Aisle; Dec 5, 2007 at 5:36 pm Reason: Slow typing
Old Dec 5, 2007, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Everyone...Committing it to Memory

You guys are the best!
Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle
FEBO=F(ront) E(ven) B(ack) O(dd)

Oops! previous posters beat me to it while I was taking 10 minutes to highlight the FEBO letters
Maybe they were faster but yours is a more aesthetically pleasing post.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 9:45 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by RachRB
Can anyone direct me to information regarding the order in which FAs seek meal requests from first class passengers?

I recall that it depended upon the flight number but cannot for the life of me find the thread.

Thanks,
On domestic first class flights, other posters are correct that FEBO is the method supposed to be used. I'd guess however that perhaps 10-20% of the FAs do not do this properly so there still could be an issue with being the last to select your meal/snack. They seem to have improved with this over the past year, but I have still been stuck with the 'other' entree.

In international J this is also the procedure done and probably 99% of the time. It is done only for the main (first) meal. The second meal is always (snack) done front-to-back.

International First tends to use FEBO yet there is typicaly sufficient catering for the pax load that 'running out' of a selection is less likely (has never happened to me).

Flights to/from Japan in premium cabins can now pre-select Japanese meals.

The OP stated 'first' but did not mention flight being a domestic or international.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
While FEBO is the rule, on most flights I find it easier to remember that they (are supposed to) start from the east end of the cabin.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by Efrem
While FEBO is the rule, on most flights I find it easier to remember that they (are supposed to) start from the east end of the cabin.
so for MIA-JFK, they take orders from the right side of the cabin, then the left side ?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
so for MIA-JFK, they take orders from the right side of the cabin, then the left side ?
Your post complies well with your FT Handle
Old Dec 6, 2007, 2:33 pm

Mostly true but there are exceptions. Earlier this year before AA discontinued their ORD-SNN flights the same flight number AA92 was used ORD->SNN (via DUB) and for the return SNN->ORD. I took this flight a few times and it was the FEBO rule rather than the East End rule that was followed.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 2:36 pm

Makes sense but as directionally challenged as I am, I'll have to stick to FEBO.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 2:58 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
If you mean "what do they do on a widebody <2 aisle> plane?", then FEBO becomes ELFORB (at least in theory). Even-Left-Front / Odd-Right-Back. Except if there's two of them taking orders, in which case it's back to FEBO.....
Old Dec 6, 2007, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by tt7
If you mean "what do they do on a widebody <2 aisle> plane?", then FEBO becomes ELFORB (at least in theory). Even-Left-Front / Odd-Right-Back. Except if there's two of them taking orders, in which case it's back to FEBO.....
I believe you missed the point. Since MIA-JFK is a south to north flight, the east "end" of the cabin would be the right side? Get it?

Edited to add:
And I thought I was directionally challenged.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 5:42 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I believe you missed the point. Since MIA-JFK is a south to north flight, the east "end" of the cabin would be the right side? Get it?

Edited to add:
And I thought I was directionally challenged.
Obviously I didn't "get it" - but that's because I was probably subconciously thinking "LAX-JFK" rather than "MIA-JFK" but, more particularly, because I was attempting to provide what might be useful information to the OP, rather than simply adding to the collective drivel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.