Wiki Posts
Search

Transatlantic business class meals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Transatlantic business class meals

Hi,

I am travelling BOS-LHR on the overnight flight and then back LHR to JFK on a evening flight or LHR BOS on a morning flight. Can you please tell me if I can view the menus anywhere? I am trying to determine if I may be served a chicken meal.

Thanks,
Andy
Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:53 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
AA does not post their menus anyplace online. Some FT'ers may have menus from some flights ...

The only menu AA posts online is the Japanese menu for NRT trips.

IF you want a specific meal .. remember FEBO in your seating plans.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:05 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
I thought the universal rule was some sort of Chicken, Pasta or Beef maybe fish on all TATL Biz/1st menus. Anyone get one without either Chcken, Beef, or Pasta.

Also it is unclear, does the Op want chicken or want to avoid it?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
For dinner there is usually a choice of four entrees divided by category: Beef/Chicken/Seafood/Pasta. If you want a particular choice, especially among the less provisioned entrees, you will particularly want to adhere to FEBO. For example, in J on a 767, they provision only four of the pasta entrees.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by sukn
For dinner there is usually a choice of four entrees divided by category: Beef/Chicken/Seafood/Pasta.
There are usually four options, including a beef and a vegetarian (pasta, risotto, etc..) Chicken and seafood are not guaranteed as the final two options. Lamb seems to show up fairly often on LHR flights.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:21 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by wonderfultravels
Can you please tell me if I can view the menus anywhere? I am trying to determine if I may be served a chicken meal.
A chicken meal is offered on virtually every flight. I'm tempted to say "every" flight "always", but then someone will come up with a once-in-a-lifetime exception to prove me wrong.

You can ensure your meal choice by careful attention to FEBO. Front Even, Back Odd.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
A chicken meal is offered on virtually every flight. I'm tempted to say "every" flight "always", but then someone will come up with a once-in-a-lifetime exception to prove me wrong.

You can ensure your meal choice by careful attention to FEBO. Front Even, Back Odd.
Virtually every flight - as you say there are always exceptions - I have seen some flights to/from LHR without a chicken dish. There is always (in my experience) a seafood dish and a pasta dish. The other two are meat and are often beef / chicken, but lamb and pork do sometimes feature....
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
It does seem like there is always chicken, a fish/seafood dish, and a pasta/or-non-meat dish. I just cannot recall what happens to the beef dish if a pork or lamb obtion is offered.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Can you still reserve a special meal (e.g., kosher or seafood or ...; there used to be a long list)? I wonder if you could get chicken that way.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:44 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by shawbridge
Can you still reserve a special meal (e.g., kosher or seafood or ...; there used to be a long list)? I wonder if you could get chicken that way.
List is much shorter than your remember....

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...ecialMeals.jsp
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLAT, SPG Gold
I'm taking the same flight in a month--can someone tell me what FEBO means?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:29 pm

FAs take meal preferences starting at the front of the cabin on even numbered flights, and start at the back of the cabin on odd numbered flights.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLAT, SPG Gold
Great. Thanks for the tip skylady!
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: Various
Though a bit dated, this announcement gives some info (and links within it) for photos of what has been served over the past year:

AA Food & Beverage Highlights
Old Nov 26, 2007, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
What everyone said. Just back LHR-LAX, choices were: salmon, chicken, pasta, lamb. I was toward the end of FEBO and heard the FA tell the next row the choices were chicken or pasta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.