Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Mobile complimentary in AC's - or a hangover from October?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2007, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Lightbulb T-Mobile complimentary in AC's - or a hangover from October?

In LAX T4 AC; t-mobile is complimentary (without a 24h card). I have been in DFW(A) and SFO today and the same thing.

PS, I have searched on "internet", but no time to do more.

PPS. I registered with 24 h card back in June. Logging in using same t-mobile account but no need to recharge.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 3, 2007 at 1:42 pm
Old Nov 2, 2007, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL D, AA LTP 2.6MM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by serfty
In LAX T4 AC; t-mobile is complimentary (without a 24h card). I have been in DFW(A) and SFO today and the same thing.

I am heading to HNL tonight and will be able to check there.

Will report back.

PS, I have searched on "internet", but no time to do more.

PPS. I registered with 24 h card back in June. Logging in using same t-mobile account but no need to recharge.
....just posted this on a different thread.

AA "G" Club was gratis on Monday this week but the main club was pay-for-use as usual on Wednesday.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 8:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by markdkc
AA "G" Club was gratis on Monday this week but the main club was pay-for-use as usual on Wednesday.
ORD?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL D, AA LTP 2.6MM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tom911
ORD?
Sorry, yes--ORD
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:22 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
asked in stl Wednesday and they said to their knowledge there was no change
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, SPG Gold, Avis First, Delta Gold
yes its free but only for ac members, across all clubs. started in october i think. people buying day passes that arent members will still have to pay the fee if theyre not an ac member.
enjoy!
Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by uvaryanmc
yes its free but only for ac members, across all clubs. started in october i think. people buying day passes that arent members will still have to pay the fee if theyre not an ac member.
enjoy!
Which begs the question, how does the T-Mobile software determine if you're an AC member, AMEX guest, or day pass guest? Is there a popup to enter your AAdvantage number? Does it then query AA to see if your AC membership is up to date? If not, couldn't anyone access the network, including those seated outside the doors, like at my home club at SFO?

edited to add: I just called the SFO AC and they don't know anything about free wi-fi, though they say the topic is under discussion (pretty much the same thing I was told at DFW about 3 weeks ago).

Last edited by tom911; Nov 2, 2007 at 11:45 pm
Old Nov 3, 2007, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tom911
Which begs the question, how does the T-Mobile software determine if you're an AC member, AMEX guest, or day pass guest? Is there a popup to enter your AAdvantage number? Does it then query AA to see if your AC membership is up to date? If not, couldn't anyone access the network, including those seated outside the doors, like at my home club at SFO?...
The 24 hour card I registered with back in June was gratis, obtained from the LAX T4 F/L.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markdkc
....just posted this on a different thread.

In ORD H A/C now and when I logged on I was asked to refill account - so yes, no gratis here.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Earlier this week in SAN AC wi-fi was free through T-Mobile but I was told it was only this week...

I'm just guessing, but the ACs at airports that offer free wi-fi have no choice but to go free if not there yet, but at airports that offer paid wi-fi, ORD comes to mind, the ACs may keep the pay option.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 1:23 pm

LGA was paid on Nov 1. LGA also has paid wifi, so no competition there from free wifi.

And my gosh, but that LGA club is just horrid. Only pretzels and apples (not even those dry sugar cookies or the snack mix) from 5-6p when I was there, really slow bar service, and I of course had to go to the opposite concourse for my flight. At least they have a really nice view over the city. I booked a couple LGA-RDUs on AA in the next couple of months, but I'm switching to DL after - nicer service, decent drinks, Biscoffs!, and IN the secure area.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Now in ORD FL, T-mobile exists here as a standard paid service - however they have complimentary 24h access cards at the service desk. ^
Old Nov 3, 2007, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 3mm Plat
Originally Posted by uvaryanmc
enjoy!
Paid up at JFK yesterday. Not a member. Worst of it was I had to shut down and leave the AC before I wanted to because AT&T cell service does not work there and I had a call that I had to make before moving on.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by serfty
Now in ORD FL, T-mobile exists here as a standard paid service - however they have complimentary 24h access cards at the service desk. ^

ORD, FL?????? or should it be MCO, FL?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FedUp2
ORD, FL?????? or should it be MCO, FL?
serfty was referring to the Flagship Lounge (FL) at Chicago O'Hare (ORD).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.