Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Empty Flight, Economy moved to First...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

MDSI,

Customer Relations team works from their residences... They have a certain amount of responses they must do each month. Trust me, I know this. This lady simply woke up in the morning, said "this is an easy one I can respond to real fast" and did...
Old Nov 1, 2007, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by IceSlater
I just read many of your posts again, and I don't think you all seem to realize something... Most of you are thinking I'm REALLY irate over the seat situation... I think you all are failing to see the reason I went OFF on the customer relations lady... It was because of her REPLY to me...

I didn't call them saying " This is absurd",etc, about these 5 individuals getting the seats, etc, I simply asked for compensation very nicely...
But when I was fed a line of BS from the customer relations lady, that's when I went off...

Hope you all understand what I am complaining about, as it doesn't seem you do.
Sorry, no sympathy from this crew.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 1:42 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I didn't call them saying " This is absurd",etc, about these 5 individuals getting the seats, etc, I simply asked for compensation very nicely...
But when I was fed a line of BS from the customer relations lady, that's when I went off...
The fact that you asked for compensation at all shows that that part, apparently, was important to you. Further, most of us feel that no compensation was due- you got what you paid for, regardless of what happened with others. Couple inappropriate compensation request with "going off" on the employee, and it may be easier to see where some of us are coming from. Maybe not.

Cheers.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
Sorry, no sympathy from this crew.

Please, you think I am looking for sympathy on a Message Board???

I simply was stating that all of the replies in the topic about my behavior with the lady on the phone are not even pertaining to what I was going off about...

Have yourself a great day posting!
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp
The fact that you asked for compensation at all shows that that part, apparently, was important to you.
I have every right in the world to ask for compensation with what happened... Just like anything in life... If you buy a BMW for $52,000 and the guy behind you buys the same BMW for $45,000, wouldn't you ask for your $7,000 back?

Some of us in America DO care about money. The fact that I had just put $180 on my credit card the night before to replenish my upgrades didn't help either...

I can't believe some of you on here have the nerve to even say I am wrong in asking for compensation when I spent $90.00 for an upgrade as to 5 people who are probably not even an AAdvantage member and got one at no charge, and then I'm giving a lame excuse...

Reality check....
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I have every right in the world to ask for compensation with what happened... Just like anything in life... If you buy a BMW for $52,000 and the guy behind you buys the same BMW for $45,000, wouldn't you ask for your $7,000 back?
No. You agreed to a price and executed a contract.

Some of us in America DO care about money. The fact that I had just put $180 on my credit card the night before to replenish my upgrades didn't help either...
I don't see how this is relevant.

I can't believe some of you on here have the nerve to even say I am wrong in asking for compensation when I spent $90.00 for an upgrade as to 5 people who are probably not even an AAdvantage member and got one at no charge, and then I'm giving a lame excuse...
Again, you got what you bargained for. See Matthew 20:1-16.

Reality check....
Yep, definitely one needed here, with all due respect.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:27 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

Reality check....
When I was PLT and had to pay for upgrades, I didn't check to see if there were any op ups in the cabin with me and ask for compensation if there were. I got what I paid for. That's my reality check.

If someone bargains better than me for a car, I'm not entitled to money back. If the person next to you on the plane bought the same seat for less, would you ask for the difference back? I think not.

(And I would never drive a BMW.)

Cheers.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:41 pm

I wonder if some here would make a stink when checking into a hotel overhearing the clerk tell the person next to you that their room rate was less than what you had booked?

The reality is no compensation was due. The OP had some good fortune in finding an agent that just wanted to make them go away.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: Legend in my own mind
I just read many of your posts again, and I don't think you all seem to realize something... Most of you are thinking I'm REALLY irate over the seat situation... I think you all are failing to see the reason I went OFF on the customer relations lady... It was because of her REPLY to me...

Hope you all understand what I am complaining about, as it doesn't seem you do.
We do understand. Another poster summed it up quite nicely for you:

Originally Posted by atl801
I am astounded that someone would begrudge another person's lucky day! I am the only person that is tired of "what's in for ME?", "where's MINE?", "ME, ME, ME, ME?"
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

It's funny how this place is like a cult... Good luck to all of you.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Data, the better example would be this... The hotel clerk says I can upgrade you to a suite for $90, you said GREAT here ya go... The next guy walks in and the lady at the desk says "Sir, it looks like we have some extra suites tonight, would you like to stay in one instead"... You're telling me you wouldn't do a THING about that???? Can't wait for your reply, because there is no better example than that.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: Legend in my own mind
Data, the better example would be this... The hotel clerk says I can upgrade you to a suite for $90, you said GREAT here ya go... The next guy walks in and the lady at the desk says "Sir, it looks like we have some extra suites tonight, would you like to stay in one instead"... You're telling me you wouldn't do a THING about that???? Can't wait for your reply, because there is no better example than that.
We're back to "no one else can get a deal I didn't get, it's not fair to ME."

I've probably gotten ripped off for travel related stuff, I've also gotten deals and comped stuff I didn't deserve. Get over it. It all evens out.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Except that ...

You paid in advance to be guaranteed that suite, not knowing if the inventory would be there or not a moment later. But, since it was important to you, you went ahead and paid to get that room. It's a value proposition. You value the upgrade, so you paid to make sure that it happened.

Now, the next person comes in and availability for a suite is still available. If the hotel wants to give that suite away, either as a goodwill gesture or to open up a "regular" room to accommodate someone else, that is an acceptable business move. Sure, it feels like you've been screwed, but you really don't know why the hotel acted as they did... you got what you paid for, and someone else got lucky.

I'm not sure your example above is an apples-to-apples comparison for what happened on your flight, but I understand your point.

From what I've seen on this thread, there are different schools of thought and no matter what is written, I don't think that the two will come together on this one. We'll have to agree to disagree

Last edited by miamigrad; Nov 1, 2007 at 3:04 pm Reason: Added comments and clarified
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:03 pm

Nope. It gets back to an executed contract.

This type of thing happens a lot with AA or UA offering people to pay for an upgrade at checkin and then op-upping people at the gate beacuse of an oversale
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Miami,

At least you kind of understand what I am talking about... It's the point that what was done was incorrect... AA flight attendants are not allowed to just bring people up to 1st class because they feel like it... No one on this thread is getting the point... That is what was done in this case, and I was given a load of BS in an email...

Does everyone here think AA should now just bring people up front if there is space? Are you all agreeing for that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.