Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Elite Lines at Chicago / ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL D, AA LTP 2.6MM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Question No Elite Lines at Chicago / ORD?

In a thread that began earlier this week on another subject it was noted that Elite lines had been eliminated at ORD beginning 10/1.

God-willing this is not accurate.

Those of you travelling the hallowed halls of ORD this week:

True or False?
Old Oct 3, 2007, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP-2MM, AC
Originally Posted by markdkc
In a thread that began earlier this week on another subject it was noted that Elite lines had been eliminated at ORD beginning 10/1.

God-willing this is not accurate.

Those of you travelling the hallowed halls of ORD this week:

True or False?
Last time I went through ORD security, the elite line was still theoretically there, but AA said they were not allowed to enforce who went through it, and so it was effectively useless. Perhaps this just removed the need for receiving complaints.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Will def. want to hear more on this. There's been too many times when the elite lines at ORD have proven invaluable for connecting between a late-arriving international one and a domestic onward leg...even when allowing for that possibility in advance by the flights chosen.

And, there's been countless posts alluding to similar situations and/or potentially tight connections, responding to questions about "making the flight or not", saying that if/by getting thru the elite line, "you should be o.k."

This will be noteworthy for those planning winter MRs thru ORD (not that one would chose ORD for a winter connection, but sometimes 'ya just don't have a choice)
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:14 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
On 9/28 I went through elite line at ORD. The pax behind me was not elite (had a boarding pass in group 6) yet went through with no problem.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5 Star PC
Here are the details that happened to me. I was in the EXP line and there was no one checking BPs to enter the line and it was VERY long. Many of the people in the line were not EXP. A TSA person checked IDs and BP and I asked why they were not enforcing the line. He said that as of 10/1 TSA was taking over all aspects of security for AA at ORD. Before AA hired contractors to enforce elite lines. It was unclear if TSA would do this. After security I saw one of the ops supervisors and asked him about it and he said that TSA was in charge and there is nothing AA can do. They are going to leave the signs up, but no one will enforce it.

Hopefully this info is wrong, will change or perhaps it already has.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Is this change the result of a cost cutting measure at AA whereby it was cheaper to have TSA do it all or is it something that was forced upon them by the TSA? If it is the first choice, then AA!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:05 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
This isn't just at ORD; there were some other threads discussing the disappearance of elite lines at other airports due to TSA taking over. Expect MUCH longer waits at the ID check.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741685

Last edited by hauteboy; Oct 4, 2007 at 2:11 am
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daron4000
Is this change the result of a cost cutting measure at AA whereby it was cheaper to have TSA do it all or is it something that was forced upon them by the TSA? If it is the first choice, then AA!
This is being forced on all airlined nationwide. As hauteboy said - this isn't AA's fault:

Originally Posted by TSA
TSA Continues to Extend Security Beyond the Checkpoint, Assuming Document Checking Responsibility at Airports from Coast to Coast
http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/..._checking.shtm
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Use the Delta entrance down by the L Concourse

There is almost never a big line there.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:59 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I don't understand..... I didn't see any elite lines when I went through ORD in July and then again in September. I saw only a big line for passengers and another one for employees. This was at two checkpoints: the big checkpoint for the H/K concourses and the smaller one for the G concourse (though the G concourse entrance didn't have a line for employees; just one line for all passengers).

Were the elite lines cleverly hidden??
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
I went through ORD yesterday (10/3) and they still had elite lines. There was the larger one that has always been by elite check in and then the second one right by the cattle call line that clearly states First Class and EXP. Not sure about how they are enforcing them but I walked right through.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
I too was there yesterday morning (10/3) around 8am and was told the Elite line was closed. I got in the regular line and just as I got up (10-15 min) to where they check ID's they had opened the Elite line.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:48 am

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
There are so many expletives that come to mind when I think of TSA right now.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 9:44 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
So if the TSA is taking over ID checks, does this mean elite lines are disappearing everywhere?

Is this a response to all the whining from non-elites about "preferential treatment"?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
So if the TSA is taking over ID checks, does this mean elite lines are disappearing everywhere?
Unfortunately, yes. Actually, for the time being, the elite lines remain, but the TSA document checkers are not enforcing them. And neither are the airlines.

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Is this a response to all the whining from non-elites about "preferential treatment"?
Dunno.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.