Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

When I check my AAdvantage miles it shows no activity for August?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When I check my AAdvantage miles it shows no activity for August?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HH DIAMOND, SOUTHWEST RR, HERTZ
About a 7-10 days ago I noticed the "Your AA Summary is processing..... mat not show etc., etc.," -- this being after I had about 40-45 days of transactions on the "Current" screeen.

Following that a few days later, I experienced the same thing and cannot pull up any of that activity. As others have stated, the overall balances YTD EQM, upgrades., etc., all appear correct so I figured AA would fix the bug or finally lump it into what appears to be a late statement.

Sincerely, - jdburns11
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jdburns11
About a 7-10 days ago I noticed the "Your AA Summary is processing..... mat not show etc., etc.," -- this being after I had about 40-45 days of transactions on the "Current" screeen.

Following that a few days later, I experienced the same thing and cannot pull up any of that activity. As others have stated, the overall balances YTD EQM, upgrades., etc., all appear correct so I figured AA would fix the bug or finally lump it into what appears to be a late statement.

Sincerely, - jdburns11
Ditto, the warning was at the 4 week mark, but it didn't run then. I had 45 days of activity on my statement running this weekend as well.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually now my total is gone. It shows on the home page but when you do view all, everything is 0 - from life time down to redeemable - 0. On top of that, my August miles are not included in the total that was still showing half hour ago. Last activity on the home page has a July date.

This is not the normal monthly update thing - in the past you only miss the details of the most recent months but the total on the side bar would be correct. It was still the case a couple hours ago. Now everything is 0. They definitely have a problem on hand - the planned "enhancement" may be the culpit here.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:15 pm
Original Member

Miles gone

All my miles just disappeared within the last 10 minutes. I went to my account and it also is at zero allthough it shows last activity in April. I'll just wait to see if it corrects itself before I call.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by general45
All my miles just disappeared within the last 10 minutes.
yup - it does indeed seem like a serious system problem . Mine shows zeroes on detail page, including total program miles to date!!!, but the correct total and last activity date on https://www.aa.com/index_us.jhtml when signed in.

Presumably they'll sort it out and restore the database. Perhaps it's a good idea to keep good track of things for a while

Last edited by pixpixpix; Aug 19, 2007 at 9:30 pm Reason: expand comment
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pixpixpix
Your mileage and segment totals are all correct.

It is just the detail for the most recent month that is unavailable for a short time at the end of each monthly processing cycle
The total is not correct for me - my august tally is NOT in the total - the reason I know is because I have transferred 25K miles from SPG in August - that activity is the only activity in August so far - and I have been keeping track on it to make sure it transfers. It showed up about 10 days ago at the beginning of August. However, now my account said last activity dd 7/25 and the total definitely does not include the 25K.

If you have activities in August, I would suggest to check them once aa.com fix this problem.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Definitely a system problem; zeros in all fields.

My Last Activity Date is showing: 06/10/07 which is correct, but when I select "June 2007" and Click GO with "View Summary for" I get:
Originally Posted by View My Miles
You have no mileage activity posted for this month.

Note: Activity since your last statement can be viewed by selecting
"Current" from the drop down menu above. ...
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Yep, same here. 0 miles program-to-date and everything else. No upgrades either. But the "mileage balance" on the front page is correct.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
They are working on it; showing correct balance, but no transaction data. (i.e. June 07 is still devoid of activity)
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by stheller
Yep, same here. 0 miles program-to-date and everything else. No upgrades either. But the "mileage balance" on the front page is correct.
Well, as of 11:35pm CDT, my miles are back, but still no August activity is available.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
They are working on it; showing correct balance, but no transaction data. (i.e. June 07 is still devoid of activity)
I don't know if this is related, but my mileage hit a 10K point and showed up a week ago, but the 4 upgrades have failed to post. It doesn't normally take over a week after the flight mileage posts for the upgrades to show up.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:26 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
I don't know if this is related, but my mileage hit a 10K point and showed up a week ago, but the 4 upgrades have failed to post. It doesn't normally take over a week after the flight mileage posts for the upgrades to show up.
I had three 10K upgrade postings in August, the last one a week after the flights, and now they have all reappeared in the online statement along with the full August detail and year to date which had been missing this evening.

Must have been a computer snafu.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage
All back to normal for me. Ive been checking about 10 times a day, I wanted to know if I made PLT yet or not.
Im short 300 or so EQP for a successful PLT challenge.
Im schedule to fly MIA-PAP thursday which will get me there
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:07 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by yessam1277
All back to normal for me.
I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping this thread, about a routine monthly event, would get to 100 posts. The only reasonable conclusion is that y'all out there just aren't trying hard enough.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping this thread, about a routine monthly event, would get to 100 posts. The only reasonable conclusion is that y'all out there just aren't trying hard enough.
Just keep posting and you can get it to 100.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.