Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection available online when not on phone

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott SIL, Hyatt GLD
Seat selection available online when not on phone

I was on canceled AA 1035 last night from MSP-ORD (or more accurately, just MSP since it never went anywhere). When they announced cancellation, I immediately called AA to rebook onto a flight this am. The agent told me I was confirmed on AA 2040 but that seats were under airport control. I said thank you and hung up, although I'm never too comfortable without a confirmed seat number, despite what AA says. I immediately went to AA.com, clicked on My Itineraries, and viola...I could select Seat 20D.

So it's worth checking online even if the AAgent says seats are under "airport control." Of course YMMV, but I hope this helps someone out there sometime.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:45 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ORDinary Gold
I was on canceled AA 1035 last night from MSP-ORD (or more accurately, just MSP since it never went anywhere). When they announced cancellation, I immediately called AA to rebook onto a flight this am. The agent told me I was confirmed on AA 2040 but that seats were under airport control. I said thank you and hung up, although I'm never too comfortable without a confirmed seat number, despite what AA says. I immediately went to AA.com, clicked on My Itineraries, and viola...I could select Seat 20D.
Have ya' ever been wrong about something? Maybe the AAgent was just wrong. It can happen.
So it's worth checking online even if the AAgent says seats are under "airport control." Of course YMMV, but I hope this helps someone out there sometime.
I hope so too. Good point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.