Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Shopping and Names

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
AAdvantage Shopping and Names

My kids each have about 10k miles that are set to expire in December with no air travel planned between now and then.

My thought to extend their accounts is through AAdvantage Shopping.

Question is, has anyone had experience using a one AAdvantage Shopping name, then clicking through and using a different named account/credit card?

I would set up an AAdvantage Shopping account with their names, click through to the preferred merchant, then log in to that site with my name and my credit card.

Has anyone had that work?

Another option would be to set up a merchant account in my kids names, but then I'd still need to use my credit card.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2007, 9:05 am

Programs: AS/MVP, *Wood G
I have logged into the shopping site using my wifes name/AA account number, clicked through to the merchant and logged in as myself. Shopping miles post to her account, I see the charge on my half of the credit card bill. Did this for the exact same reason you need to.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
The smallest buy on AAeshopping seems to be ITunes. Handy for the wants and needs of young people. You can extend the life of an account for a few bucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.