Wiki Posts
Search

Miles Newbie going to MNL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, s
Miles Newbie going to MNL

I am looking to go to MNL on the next couple of months for business. I am a pretty big guy 6' 2" about 325 lbs and I refuse to go coach.

I have about 200k miles saved up in the AA program but do not have any real status as with AA.

I want to ask based on everyone's experience which would be the best way to fly to MNL.

I have asked around and everyone has told me CXE, but I have not been able to get a JFK to HKG direct. I am trying to avoid NYC LAX HKG MNL or avoid NYC Vancouver HKG MNL. Any advice?

I know Japan flies my route. Is JA a good airline to fly to MNL. Of course I know to avoid JFK NRT on AA. I am sure the service and flight is not even on the same scale as CXE or JA.

Insight would be appreciated.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
CX to HKG via YVR has real F so if you are going for F that is a good route. From YYZ for example only J via ANC. Nice non-stop JFK-YVR, then true CX first to HKG you are living large.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, s
I was able to find a direct flight into asia without layover in North america. I got JAL flight 47 in F class from JFK. It took a bit of time to find as all cx flights were not available in F only in J if I layovered in LAX.

I was not able to book the leg back yet, but the lady on the phone told me that I got through the hard part. Tomorrow will try to get either MNL HKG JFK, I guess if I have to I will MNL HKG YVR JFK. I guess if I get that I will get to try both airlines in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.