Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Remember any other AA ff Discount?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2007, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Anyone Remember any other AA ff Discount?

I was wondering... anyone remember AA discounting the miles needed for awards in the last 10 years? The only one I remember was for the 25th anniversary when they disc the awards by 25%.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Short haul nonstop roundtrips have been discounted from 25K to 15K the last couple of winters.

Each quarter, there are 5K - 7.5K discounts to select destinations for Cito credit card holders.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:51 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
TD Bank AA Visa cardholders currently have 20% off most award redemptions in North/Central America/Mexico and Caribbean right now.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1 Million; HH Gold; HGVC
I believe there are discounts right now on short-haul flights: 15,000 instead of 25,000. Go to AA.com and look under fare deals. (not Net SAAvers). I'll look next time I log on as well. Too lazy to do it now. Happy Travels!!
Old May 15, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: AA GLD
Originally Posted by david7021
I believe there are discounts right now on short-haul flights: 15,000 instead of 25,000.
The only one I can see today is for travel from Love Field in Dallas to STL, MCI, AUS and SAT - 15,000 miles instead of 25,000. Not a bad deal - if you happen to live in any of those cities - I guess.

https://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vi...omotionContent
Old May 15, 2007, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stria4
The only one I can see today is for travel from Love Field in Dallas to STL, MCI, AUS and SAT - 15,000 miles instead of 25,000. Not a bad deal - if you happen to live in any of those cities - I guess.

https://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vi...omotionContent
These flights are frequently $78-$99+ for coach, and $350 for KUP. That being said, maybe there would be value in a last minute 15k award if it was just a day or two out. But MCI flights have been really full to DFW lately, so you probably wouldn't find availability.
Old May 15, 2007, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by david7021
I believe there are discounts right now on short-haul flights: 15,000 instead of 25,000. Go to AA.com and look under fare deals. (not Net SAAvers). I'll look next time I log on as well. Too lazy to do it now. Happy Travels!!
As mentioned above, the 15k for all short-haul routes has been a winter-only thing AA has run the last couple of years. I believe last winter's promo ended Feb 28 or something like that.
Old May 15, 2007, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by acf573
As mentioned above, the 15k for all short-haul routes has been a winter-only thing AA has run the last couple of years. I believe last winter's promo ended Feb 28 or something like that.
I've taken advantage of the short haul 15k offer a few times (only from DFW. The LUV one is hardly a deal). Works well for me out of DFW for locales like Des Moines (NS) and Fort Walton Beach (NS). I'll be using that one again this winter (hopefully) to plan for a summer (2008) getaway to Destin, FLA.

That TD bank card is Canada only, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.