FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/687154-archive-concierge-key-aa-premium-service.html)

Mister Nice Mar 1, 2012 5:36 pm

Have the extra VIPS been deposited ? Does CK show anywhere on your account info on the website ?

Hankerdoo Mar 1, 2012 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by ckg1999 (Post 18111483)
Just received my invite for 2012 via email. Said creds will be coming in the mail soon. Seems the benefits got better:

- AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status
- Complimentary Admirals Club® membership
- Flagship® Check-In — a personalized experience to expedite your check-in process at Los Angeles and London Heathrow airports.

Plus, "And as an extra benefit, we will be adding two additional one-way Systemwide Upgrades to your account (in addition to the eight you receive as an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member)"

Great - I was very excited to get my upgrade to EXP - but didn't know why. I got an email about EXP, but not CK status. Was that a separate email? I've only gotten one CK card but have been in the program the last 2 years and was told I was getting renewed this year.

For the Admirals club - are we getting a seperate card for that or do we use our CK cards? It would be nice to use the AC when not on AA flights and my AMEX doesn't work.

Also - I see 8 SWU's in my account - do you already have 10 in yours?

Thx

ckg1999 Mar 1, 2012 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Hankerdoo (Post 18114588)
Great - I was very excited to get my upgrade to EXP - but didn't know why. I got an email about EXP, but not CK status. Was that a separate email?

Yes - I achieved EXP seperate of CK, so not sure how they handle. I know in the past, I got a CK packet, then a couple of weeks later a EXP one.

I've only gotten one CK card but have been in the program the last 2 years and was told I was getting renewed this year.
Only one here - assume a new one is on the way

For the Admirals club - are we getting a seperate card for that or do we use our CK cards? It would be nice to use the AC when not on AA flights and my AMEX doesn't work.
Unsure, as this is a new benefit for this year. Anyone else have insight?

Also - I see 8 SWU's in my account - do you already have 10 in yours?
8 here, but I know last year 2 appeared BEFORE the 8 for EXP. Not sure how they are doing this now.

Overall, looks to me like CK is becoming a lot like Global Services.

Hankerdoo Mar 1, 2012 7:46 pm

[QUOTE=ckg1999;18114829]Yes - I achieved EXP seperate of CK, so not sure how they handle. I know in the past, I got a CK packet, then a couple of weeks later a EXP one.

CKG1999 - How did you find out about these new benefits? You mentioned you got an email specific to the new CK benefits?

Thx _ Patrick

ckg1999 Mar 2, 2012 6:23 am

How did you find out about these new benefits? You mentioned you got an email specific to the new CK benefits?
This was all included in the "Welcome to Concierge Key" e-mail.

I just know they are "new" based on my letter from last year.

paul5E Mar 2, 2012 7:26 am

I got my CK invitation email yesterday.....my first.

In my case I flew 147K EQMs and 198K EQPs.........I'm not sure how much I spent but I'm guessing $100K - $120K across the One World Spectrum with at least $75K on AA.

Too bad I just got a new job that will entail little to no travel this year:(

BLUESCRAZYGIRL Mar 3, 2012 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by paul5E (Post 18117157)
I got my CK invitation email yesterday.....my first.

In my case I flew 147K EQMs and 198K EQPs.........I'm not sure how much I spent but I'm guessing $100K - $120K across the One World Spectrum with at least $75K on AA.

Too bad I just got a new job that will entail little to no travel this year:(

dude- the no travel things sucks! I just found out I requalified today because one of the CK ladies picked me up for the short walk from K7 to the (I was just delighted to know I had requalified, didn't really need the lift...) she was telling me about the additional benefits, i.e.: EXP. I achieved EXP in sept and have my card, have not received my CK email or new card yet. She did say the CK card would be for the admirals club.

great benefits, but will make those upgrades to dallas and sfo even harder.

billycwhatup Mar 4, 2012 3:16 pm

Worth mentioning that the changes to CK has also resulted in a change to the automatic "CKing" for AAirpass. Formerly, a $10K individual AAirpass would trigger CK and the automatic platinum status. Now, it has been changed to $30K per person which triggers CK and EXP. That's a big difference.

RealFan Mar 5, 2012 12:20 pm

So it looks like the new AA mgmt team is positioning CK to be more competitive with UA's GS service in the near future. The comment above about AAirpass going to $30K to get EXP status along with CK seems to me to be the minimum revenue level required to get into CK now.

That being said, CK EXP is not clearly above regular EXP by way of upgrades, etc. When that becomes more formalized (again akin to GS), then AA will formally have joined the revenue is worth more than miles club.

I also wonder if AAdvantage will add higher tiers of potential lifetime earning similar to UA. 3MM would get you EXP and 4MM CK/EXP or something like that. Since accruals are now BIS, it seems possible that AA will migrate to something like that.

boerne Mar 5, 2012 1:22 pm

what is kind of pathetic is to get run over by the CK cart in DFW carrying perfectly healthy 30 somethings, who clearly need the exercise, while we two EXPs walk to our next gate.

"mind the cart please"

People please walk. Even more so after that 16 hour from SYD

phil_flyer Mar 5, 2012 3:01 pm

Seriously. After even a 2 hour flight, I relish walking briskly to get the blood flowing. Even if it's from D55 to D9 in MIA terminal D.

newaroundhere Mar 10, 2012 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Mister Nice (Post 18114172)
Have the extra VIPS been deposited ? Does CK show anywhere on your account info on the website ?

Mine posted yesterday. Interestingly, "concierge key" does not appear anywhere on the website - even the extra SWUs are listed simply as "complementary" (whereas the exp ones are listed as "executive platinum").

Anyone received their card yet? I have not.

DALtoAAL Mar 10, 2012 9:46 am

I called today to EXP desk to use SWU on next weeks flight. When the agent took my call, she advised that since I'm CK, she could transfer my call to CK desk if I would require so. I have not received any other confirmation regarding the CK status except the info I got from EXP agent. But now when I read this thread, it all makes sense to me now. I was surprised to notice few weeks ago that I have reached EXP status even though I have not been flying 100K yet. I have to say that I'm really starting to like AA!

goldengate Mar 10, 2012 10:25 am

I was told at the Admirals Club that I am CK now, but I don't see any additional SWU's in my account and I'm already EXP. I guess I'll need to wait and see. I did notice that the FA took my food order yesterday out of turn in F, so wondered if that was due to CK status.

Strange that American has this level and instead of celebrating it, it's top secret...

Robt760 Mar 10, 2012 10:36 am

Originally Posted by goldengate (Post 18173540)
I was told at the Admirals Club that I am CK now, but I don't see any additional SWU's in my account and I'm already EXP. I guess I'll need to wait and see. I did notice that the FA took my food order yesterday out of turn in F, so wondered if that was due to CK status.

Strange that American has this level and instead of celebrating it, it's top secret...

To clarify: Concierge Key is not a status level in the Aadvantage Program. The levels are General, Gold, Platinum, and Executive Platinum. This is not a level above Executive Platinum.

Concierge Key is an added Premium Service given to passengers who AA chooses or negotiates to offer the services to.