FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/687154-archive-concierge-key-aa-premium-service.html)

JDiver Dec 13, 2011 10:55 am

Ah, well, the Grinch is alive and well, working in a "customer service" aspect for AA. People have bad days, some are feeling upset at Chapter 11, etc. etc. It reflects poorly on them, so I'd not tend to personalize it too much. If it were a gross violation I'd contact AA.

Unless major changes in CK are afoot, the implication a $20k spend would secure CK is just stupid - perhaps the AAirpass folks are partially commissioned and the agent merely has poor interpersonal or sales skills?

FullFare Dec 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 17618877)
Ah, well, the Grinch is alive and well, working in a "customer service" aspect for AA. People have bad days, some are feeling upset at Chapter 11, etc. etc. It reflects poorly on them, so I'd not tend to personalize it too much. If it were a gross violation I'd contact AA.

Unless major changes in CK are afoot, the implication a $20k spend would secure CK is just stupid - perhaps the AAirpass folks are partially commissioned and the agent merely has poor interpersonal or sales skills?

Agree.

anabolism Dec 13, 2011 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by FullFare (Post 17615508)
As for snootiness of AAirpass department agents, I've not had it, but I have seen it increasingly in other AA departments, including EXP and AAdvantage customer service. Wife has, too. I don't know what it means, but I've never seen it at the level it has been the past year with AA. If this keeps up, I think AA will be on a steeper slope into the tank.

What sort of snootiness have you and your wife experienced?

Originally Posted by dchayer (Post 17615188)
20k min. for CK sounds like a good deal. I have spent ~40k a year for at least 3 years with AA and I don't have CK.

Is the ~40k spent on AA tickets for AA metal?

FXEpilot77 Dec 14, 2011 9:00 am

For those that aren't aware, this year, AA was overtly offering CK to anyone who signed up for AAirpass (which translates to CK for $10,000).

Its pretty obvious CK is not tied to a dollar amount, its tied to travel in "expensive" fare buckets as I posted earlier, which an AAirpass member travels in 100% of the time (unless they do 25% 7-day advance purchase with change fee option).

Like a lot of people, I've spent more than double that in each of the last two years and was never offered CK, but I only traveled on P or Y tickets maybe 20% of the time at the most. Yet, one inquiry to the AAirpass people, and without me asking, they said I would get CK if I signed up (making a $10k commitment.)

DFWHockeyguy Dec 23, 2011 2:37 pm

CK....No way!

Just finished the year with 176K EQM, 126 segments BUT only 124K points. NO CK for you!!

Go Stars!

BLUESCRAZYGIRL Dec 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by FullFare (Post 17615508)
Well, I, too, have had years flying 200K+ either EXP or EQM. Have lifetime AAirpass too. Was never offered Concierge Key. Bought wife a 10K AAirpass last year on a promo (extra 50K miles at the time) and they gave CK to her. I have to say, we thought it was next to worthless. Nothing special at all. I'm not sure why everyone goes gaga over it. Certainly not worth spending any (or any extra) coin on it.

As for snootiness of AAirpass department agents, I've not had it, but I have seen it increasingly in other AA departments, including EXP and AAdvantage customer service. Wife has, too. I don't know what it means, but I've never seen it at the level it has been the past year with AA. If this keeps up, I think AA will be on a steeper slope into the tank.

I just recd CK earlier this year. It hasn't been all that useful, except when my flight was delayed (once getting a call at 3:30 am informing me of the delay, jeesh.). As a female traveler usually dressed in lulu lemon, they tend to address the man sitting next to me (a few times its been an asian man), Mr Bluescrazygirl???? The guy looks at them, and says no... I then wave my hand and say, I am Ms blues crazy girl.... I don't think I am the only female CK.. i digress.... not much of a increase in service with CK, but it is fun to tell people I am a CK. My friend is a FA for AA and they are constantly told to "take care of the CK passengers", for what its worth.

vasantn Dec 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by DFWHockeyguy (Post 17682516)
Just finished the year with 176K EQM, 126 segments BUT only 124K points. NO CK for you!!

Go Stars!

Why would you expect CK for 124K points?

DFWHockeyguy Dec 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn (Post 17719420)
Why would you expect CK for 124K points?

Pay attention....I thought it was pretty obvious in my post that 124K points will NEVER get CK.

Go Stars!

vasantn Dec 31, 2011 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by DFWHockeyguy (Post 17723582)
Pay attention....I thought it was pretty obvious in my post that 124K points will NEVER get CK.

Go Stars!

Sorry, it wasn't very clear to me. I interpreted it to mean that you were surprised/disappointed.

FXEpilot77 Jan 1, 2012 9:22 am

Surprise CK?

Flew MIA-ORD-PVG this morning. The connection is a bit tight to begin with and the MIA flight was about 30 minutes late, so I was a little nervous about the connection, especially given the H15 arrival to K16 departure.

To my surprise, a CK agent met my flight and I got a golf cart ride to my gate. There were also 2 other people from my flight that she picked up as well to take to the PVG flight.

As far as I know, I'm not CK. I did 123 segments last year, 100k EQM (without promo) and probably ~80k EQP. Previous year was right around 100 on all 3. About $20k spend this year, and maybe $25k last year. I rarely booked any Y/P fares last year, although I did a dozen or so the previous year.

I did book HSBC 5 star out of MIA for departure, but didn't in ORD. I was booked in Z, so nothing special there.

Maybe I just benefited from another passenger being CK?

Has this happened to anyone else?

GB Jan 1, 2012 11:43 am

Originally Posted by FXEpilot77 (Post 17725735)
Flew MIA-ORD-PVG this morning. The connection is a bit tight to begin with and the MIA flight was about 30 minutes late, so I was a little nervous about the connection, especially given the H15 arrival to K16 departure.

To my surprise, a CK agent met my flight and I got a golf cart ride to my gate. There were also 2 other people from my flight that she picked up as well to take to the PVG flight.

As far as I know, I'm not CK. I did 123 segments last year, 100k EQM (without promo) and probably ~80k EQP. Previous year was right around 100 on all 3. About $20k spend this year, and maybe $25k last year. I rarely booked any Y/P fares last year, although I did a dozen or so the previous year.

I did book HSBC 5 star out of MIA for departure, but didn't in ORD. I was booked in Z, so nothing special there.

I have had the cart pick me up generally 3-4 time per year when making international connections on AA. I am not CK but I am EXP. It seems to happen when they have time to do so. There have been several times when I have a tight connection and hope they are there but they are not. The cart picking me up is at ORD about 75% of the time.

vasantn Jan 1, 2012 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by GB (Post 17726393)
I have had the cart pick me up generally 3-4 time per year when making international connections on AA. I am not CK but I am EXP. It seems to happen when they have time to do so. There have been several times when I have a tight connection and hope they are there but they are not. The cart picking me up is at ORD about 75% of the time.

Maybe you're CK without knowing it? I've been EXP for 8 years, connect in ORD to and from international flights 6-8 times a year, and have never had a cart pick me up.

anabolism Jan 1, 2012 6:47 pm

That would be my guess, especially since you were in coach.

FXEpilot77 Jan 2, 2012 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn (Post 17726770)
Maybe you're CK without knowing it? I've been EXP for 8 years, connect in ORD to and from international flights 6-8 times a year, and have never had a cart pick me up.

That would be cool. I tried to ask the agent, but I don't think she understood what I meant.

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 17728304)
That would be my guess, especially since you were in coach.

Z is first actually.

millionmiler Jan 2, 2012 1:48 pm

Before I was CK I occasionally had a greet when there were other CK members on the flights.