FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/687154-archive-concierge-key-aa-premium-service.html)

anabolism Feb 6, 2012 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by wdchuck1 (Post 17963099)
Personally, I don't care what they do or what they call it

Ah, from your posts I quoted above, I thought you were adamant that AA had to offer a 4th tier above EXP.

however, they best do something fast especially in this environment where a lot of customers are going to hedge their bets and go to another carrier once they hit their maximum personal threshold!!

What about the 2011 Elite Rewards program? Does that address the need to give people an incentive to exceed a qualification level?

(I think the program doesn't go far enough, and needs to have additional rewards at every 25k EQP above EXP, not just for hitting 125k EQP.)

The AAdvantage program is supposed to incentivise travel and in order for an incentive to be successful it has to be attainable - even though I am an explat and it doesn't effect me, the gap between Plat and Explat is just too great and pulling these DMOQ games makes the program a sham for everyone.

So you're arguing for a new mid-tier (a Middle-Management Platinum) rather than a new tier above EXP? I never got that from your earlier posts -- I thought you were talking about keeping flying after hitting EXP.

So, your point is that after hitting PLT, someone who has another 25k to go can switch those to another carrier and get GLD equivalent there, rather than stay at AA halfway between PLT and EXP? Do the 2011 Elite Rewards help here?

Originally Posted by sendbillmoney (Post 17963599)
I know I'm not out of line to think that that if you and Eva paid the same amount for CK service, you should have gotten the same service

Does Eva pay? I thought CK was AA's commercialization and productization of a service they used to offer only to celebrities complementary.

laperk1028 Feb 6, 2012 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 17957601)
This is the LAX "Flagship Checkin" and is available not just to CK, but also those flying in F on a 3-class trans-con or int'l. (Link to AA's Flagship Checkin page.)

Your descriptions of the CK services make me sad I'll not see it.

Defining the criteria is orthogonal to making it a fourth tier. These are completely separate issues. If AA adds a new tier above EXP, it will piss off everyone whose status just got demoted (e.g, everyone not in it). Why do that? There's no benefit to AA nor to passengers. Clearly spelling out the criteria is a different matter. I can see arguments both ways: defining it gives people something to shoot for, but also commits AA to granting the benefits. Since CK seems to be more about personal service than hard FF benefits, it may be quite difficult for AA to scale it up to more people. By keeping the criteria secret, AA can limit it to the top x number in each market, or whatever they want; they can adjust the criteria from year to year based on their own analysis and projections.

They let you, and only you, get off the plane during an unscheduled stop? Wow! I thought there must be FAA or some other rule prohibiting it. And by the "reverse" you mean they let you on a plane that was making a technical stop?

(During a weather incident in DFW, AA put me on UA to DCA, via ORD, but the inbound plane was so late we were all going to miss our connections; further, UA announced that the crew was going illegal so rather than fly to ORD, the plane was going to DEN to change crew. I called EXP and was told that UA had a flight from DEN that I could make and would get me to DCA same day, but UA wouldn't let me (or anyone) off in DEN, just crew. Similarly on CX LAX-HKG, technical stop in TPE for more fuel, several passengers ticketed LAX-HKG-TPE wanted to get off in TPE but couldn't.

Yes - they let me (and only me and a friend) off a flight headed from EWR to DFW. Ground Stop in DFW because of weather and the pilot actually walked us off the back of the plane, across the tarmac into the airport. We got a rent car and got home in record time. Very nice! (I left my jacket in FC and the extremely nice pilot actually went back up the stairs to get it for me!) That has nothing to do with CK, just good customer service!

wdchuck1 Feb 7, 2012 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 17964828)
Ah, from your posts I quoted above, I thought you were adamant that AA had to offer a 4th tier above EXP.

What about the 2011 Elite Rewards program? Does that address the need to give people an incentive to exceed a qualification level?

(I think the program doesn't go far enough, and needs to have additional rewards at every 25k EQP above EXP, not just for hitting 125k EQP.)

So you're arguing for a new mid-tier (a Middle-Management Platinum) rather than a new tier above EXP? I never got that from your earlier posts -- I thought you were talking about keeping flying after hitting EXP.

So, your point is that after hitting PLT, someone who has another 25k to go can switch those to another carrier and get GLD equivalent there, rather than stay at AA halfway between PLT and EXP? Do the 2011 Elite Rewards help here?

I am saying both - There should be no limit to awards over 125K and there should be some incentive in the 50K gap between Plat and Exec Plat

The goal is to keep people flying on your airline and the way to do this is with incentives. Once the incentive stops or is too difficult to reach, the customer will/may jump ship if an elite level (even gold) is available on another carrier -this is something that AA can ill afford now.

Re the Elite Rewards - nice idea IF it was consistent - some years yes, some years no and it is not usually announced until mid-fall.

As mentioned before, take a look at the new SPG incentive program which addresses this issue spot on.

londonandyman Feb 20, 2012 1:02 pm

ConciergeKey

I was wondering what the details of the ConciergeKey program were and what it entails. I was hoping to get a response from an Actual Member of the ConciergeKey program. Thanks

Science Goy Feb 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Welcome to FT! You may not be surprised to learn that your question is actually asked quite frequently; you can therefore find quite a bit of information about the CK program in the "Frequently Asked Questions" thread, and the linked CK-specific thread therein:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ere-first.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

jerry a. laska Feb 20, 2012 1:06 pm

See:
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...)#ConciergeKey
and:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

JDiver Feb 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi, londonandyman, and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Some questions are asked often, and our forum is so busy (69 members & 187 guests at this moment) we have much of our frequently looked for information codified in various ways: the FAQ, our Wiki (not can be easily found by looking at the FAQ thread "stuck" to the top of the page), and threads on the same topic so members do not have to paw through dozens of threads to find what they are looking for.

As you send some time with us, you will find Search and Advanced Search to be quite useful - using concierge as a key word searching in thread titles with threads as results, for example brings this thread up. As you read upthread, you will see a number of posts made by Concierge Key members ("Up In The Air" is not the definite source on this issue :D.)

We hope your stay will be as rewarding and informative to your travels as our memberships have been for many of us.

Originally Posted by londonandyman (Post 18050807)
I was wondering what the details of the ConciergeKey program were and what it entails. I was hoping to get a response from an Actual Member of the ConciergeKey program. Thanks

EWR2AUS Feb 28, 2012 9:11 am

CK Status 2012

Given that the current CK year ends on 2/29/2012, just curious if anyone has heard about new or renewed CK status for 2012?

I haven't heard anything, which may not be a positive sign for me. I've seen some marginal benefits over the past year but not sure if its been enough (beyond what EXP would afford) that I'll miss it all that much.

goldengate Mar 1, 2012 7:30 am

I've been told by my corporate travel department that I'm getting it but so far nothing has shown up in the mail. Has anyone received notification of their status for 2012-3?

ckg1999 Mar 1, 2012 11:17 am

Just received my invite for 2012 via email. Said creds will be coming in the mail soon. Seems the benefits got better:

- AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status
- Complimentary Admirals Club® membership
- Flagship® Check-In — a personalized experience to expedite your check-in process at Los Angeles and London Heathrow airports.

Plus, "And as an extra benefit, we will be adding two additional one-way Systemwide Upgrades to your account (in addition to the eight you receive as an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member)"

TonySCV Mar 1, 2012 11:31 am

Looks like one more year at least of EXP being the highest tier status, although the comp to EXP for CK is a nice new benefit for the few who aren't EXP currently. More SWUs is a smart add as well.

RealFan Mar 1, 2012 11:41 am

I just received a CK renewal e-mail this morning as well with the above mentioned benefits.

Is this the first year where CK has brought automatic EXP status? If so, I wonder what the minimum spend level is be able to get CK without earning EXP the old fashioned way.

ckg1999 Mar 1, 2012 11:47 am

Originally Posted by RealFan (Post 18111658)
Is this the first year where CK has brought automatic EXP status? If so, I wonder what the minimum spend level is be able to get CK without earning EXP the old fashioned way.

I know my spend last year was > $50k. Seems you can attain EXP for far far less.

Ritz Mar 1, 2012 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 18111583)
although the comp to EXP for CK is a nice new benefit for the few who aren't EXP currently.

I can tell you that I've been GLD/PLT the last couple of years but have always received EXP bonus mileage with CK. Don't know if that's an override kninda thing done by CK, or a silent bennie. I guess its moot now, lol.

phil_flyer Mar 1, 2012 3:49 pm

I too have (surprisingly) received a renewal.