Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing date on a AA award ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Changing date on a AA award ticket?

Is there a limit on the times you can change the date on a FF ticket? I called AA and know you can change date and time not location (within a year) I'm not clear if it is within a year of original departure date or within a year of the last award date. Worse case scenario: I book a mileage award for Oct. 2, 2007 but need to change it to fly Oct. 5, 2008 same routing just change in date. Will changing the date sometime in the middle buy me the few days I need?
Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkohawaii
Is there a limit on the times you can change the date on a FF ticket? I called AA and know you can change date and time not location (within a year) I'm not clear if it is within a year of original departure date or within a year of the last award date.....
It is one year from date of ticketing. Sorry! Your award ticket expires after one year from ticketing date, no matter how many times you change it.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks. One year from date of ticketing is crystal clear.^
Old Apr 8, 2007, 1:45 pm

I may misunderstand but the term "MR" around here means mileage run. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that you don't earn miles when flying on free award tickets.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
That puzzled me at well, until I realized the OP was using MR to indicate "mileage redemption" (I think). Definitely a bit confusing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.