Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kudos to the MCI Admirals Club Crew!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Kudos to the MCI Admirals Club Crew!

Yesterday was and absolute cluster you-know-what trying to fly into ORD. Horrible winds and ground holds were delaying everything. I was booked on 2428 that was supposed to leave at 6:45pm. Flights were running two hours late and things just didn't seem like they would be pretty (and I had a 7 hour delay flying to MCI on Tuesday - this trip was certainly doomed!).

Anyway, I received a voicemail on my cellphone from Kathy at the MCI AC. She said that she had seen that I was booked on the 6:45 but, because everything was running late, she went ahead and made a back-up reservation for me on the 5:10pm flight that was also going to be running at least 60-75 minutes late. If I had any questions, I could call her at the AC.

I called back and thanked her for being so proactive but that I was going to stick with my original flight as I was riding out with someone (plus I already had my upgrade and didn't feel like being stuck in a center seat). She said no problem, just wanted to be sure that I had the option and that she would look forward to seeing me at the club.

When I got there, she really tried to keep the mood upbeat - her announcements were hysterical! Some of the folks were dealing with 2+ hour delays, but everyone was laughing and having a good time.

Kathy did an outstanding job, was proactive in finding an alternative and was gracious in a bad situation.

Way to go AA!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:52 pm

I do not know about Kathy, but I too have had first rate experiences at the MCI AC. Thanks to all of the MCI AAngels for your good work.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:59 pm

I think many of us here have similar experiences with the MCI club. I know that I still carry the business card that an MCI AAngel gave and told me to call them whenever I had trouble regardless of where I was...

Take a moment to email [email protected] and let them know of your positive experience!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
I'm quite sad. Kathi's moving out of town and her last day, depending on scheduling swaps, is some time in the next few weeks. She has been an incredible help to me.

Our consolation is that her colleagues are nearly all fantastic, as well.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by observer
I do not know about Kathy, but I too have had first rate experiences at the MCI AC. Thanks to all of the MCI AAngels for your good work.
When I used to fly out of MCI all of the ladies there were just terrific.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.