Search

Iah-ind-aus-ind

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Iah-ind-aus-ind

I will be flying to the Indianapolis area in the coming weeks and have been debating whether or not to use CO or AA.

CO flies direct to IND but I will need to go from IND to AUS and back a few times, which would require me to connect at IAH.

If I go AA I can fly from HOU-DFW-IND-AUS with no real problem and the flights to and from AUS would be going through ORD instead of DFW then.

My mileage is higher with AA and I will be a Plat soon(ish). I would like to get my status up with CO but I've been disappointed with their service lately.

Just wanting opinions.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:23 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having posted this to the AA Forum, don't be surprised if you have many people telling you that AA makes the most sense. We are a biased bunch.

I say you should fly AA.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hartmann
I will be flying to the Indianapolis area in the coming weeks and have been debating whether or not to use CO or AA.

CO flies direct to IND but I will need to go from IND to AUS and back a few times, which would require me to connect at IAH.

If I go AA I can fly from HOU-DFW-IND-AUS with no real problem and the flights to and from AUS would be going through ORD instead of DFW then.

My mileage is higher with AA and I will be a Plat soon(ish). I would like to get my status up with CO but I've been disappointed with their service lately.

Just wanting opinions.

I'm of the opinion that no major US airline has enough of an advantage over any other to make me want to fly that one exclusively. Therefore, I would make the decision on the basis of:

Price - I assume that the fares are similar, but if they're not, consider it.

Schedule - how many flights per day do you have on either airline for the route(s) you're going to be flying?

Hubs - Since DL pretty much requires me to fly through Atlanta from my location and I'd rather have a root canal, I avoid Delta.

If all of the above are similar, then choose the one that is most likely to let you obtain and keep status. Sounds like AA.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: aa plat in funkytown tx
Go Aa^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.