Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone on AA1041 ORD-MSP today (2.24.07)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro - 1mm, Bonvoy Titanium
Anyone on AA1041 ORD-MSP today (2.24.07)?

AA 1041 ORD-MSP
The flight made it out before the weather hit ORD. Made it to MSP, circled do to weather then MSP closed. Eventually the flight headed back to ORD, waited for a gate and arrived 3.5 hours after it left.

I went home. Figured that I'd try another day.
I wish it would just count as a round trip, as it was my last fly3 flight.

Last edited by georgehf; Feb 25, 2007 at 12:23 am Reason: Mods: Please change title to read, "Anyone on AA 1041 ORD-MSP today (2.24.07)?" I had a typo.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 6:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
Several of us were -- myself included. Polkacat was too, as well as a couple from LAX where one person mostly lurks but I didn't find out his handle. What a nightmare! Are you on flights today or how are you handling? We're supposedly on the 9:45 but it's delayed to 10:45. The CS person wouldn't book us back on that flight's return insisting that the connection was too tight given predicted weather problems, so after I gave up explaining to her why that was silly, we're on a 2:00 flight and I really can't be stranded in MSP today, so I'm on hold yet again with AA. (Six different times last night after holding close to or over 30 minutes, I got the dreaded busy signal and disconnect.)
The best part -- they deducted our upgrades after they told us on the phone they wouldn't since the flight technically never went anywhere.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:28 am
Original Poster

While we were waiting for a gate at ORD, I called and got put on the same flights for today (Sunday). As of now, they're on time but I doubt it will stay that way. Thinking about blowing it off until tomorrow night or Tuesday night.
I wish we could just give our seats to people that actually need to get somewhere... but still get the bonus.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 9:04 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by georgehf
While we were waiting for a gate at ORD, I called and got put on the same flights for today (Sunday). As of now, they're on time but I doubt it will stay that way. Thinking about blowing it off until tomorrow night or Tuesday night.
I wish we could just give our seats to people that actually need to get somewhere... but still get the bonus.
I'm now booked on 1041 (Sunday) for the beginning of my trip back home to OAK.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:53 am

Programs: AA
I was on that flight as well, and (hopefully) got extremely lucky when I called and got an agent to post the original routing credit. I called today to try to confirm that the credit was entered, but apparently even the Aadvantage agents can't confirm the transaction until it posts, which takes 48 hours. (She could see the notes but not whether the miles posted.) So I won't be sure until tomorrow....
Old Feb 26, 2007, 8:59 am
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
I was also on 1041! What a whip. How do I get the original routing posted like polkacat? I got a refund in Chicago, figuring a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush. I am going to write AA CS to try to get some extra miles out of it, although I am not sure if I will get the full 15K from them.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:29 am

Thought I would update - the original routing credit did indeed post this morning. ^
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:49 am
GSR

Great job, congrats!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:01 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always like to visit flight aware when I'm on a flight that experienced time in a holding pattern, since they plot the flight path. Here is a link to AA 1041 on Saturday.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...810Z/KORD/KORD

Looks like y'all did several laps over south central MN.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:25 pm
GSR

Thank you for the link; I will use this when I write AA CS.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Wow!

I called AAdvantage customer service and explained the situation. Basically, they agreed to keep my $78, post the original routing credit (including the fly06) and not make me fly again.

Good idea polkacat! I had the same idea but wanted to wait to post until I knew if I was successful or not.

I love AA. This makes so much sense. Give us the miles, keep the cash and let the people that need to get somewhere get there. I would have hated to take a seat away from someone who actually needed to go ORD-MSP or vice versa during this weather.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL
I always like to visit flight aware when I'm on a flight that experienced time in a holding pattern, since they plot the flight path. Here is a link to AA 1041 on Saturday.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...810Z/KORD/KORD

Looks like y'all did several laps over south central MN.
This is awesome. Thanks for posting! Too bad it doesn't show the taxi route around ORD out to the penalty box. That would be funny too.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by georgehf
I called AAdvantage customer service and explained the situation. Basically, they agreed to keep my $78, post the original routing credit (including the fly06) and not make me fly again.
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I was confirmed on AA1041, but managed to arrive early enough in ORD (thanks to a canceled DFW-BNA flight, routed directly to DFW-ORD), I managed to stand by for the 9:45 AA1025, which landed just fine and was wide open (getting back was a little hairy)

Of course, it sounds like AA1041 might have been a better deal ... congrats, and good on AA for making right.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:22 pm
GSR

Hey all. I just called AA CS at 800.421.0600 and got the agent to post my 1041 as a "cancelled flight" which she said would mean I would get original mileage credit and it would count towards my EQM. That will be my 3rd FLY06 flight so all should be right in the world.

I can't believe there were so many other FTers on the plane. Did anybody see the tall blonde girl in 21D who got up as we were landing back in ORD? I have never seen anyone do that; we were about 5 minutes from landing, the FAs were already seated and she randomly got up to go to the bathroom in the back. She came back to her seat when called out by the #1 FA.

I was in 21B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.