Wiki Posts
Search

Free EXP/PLT access to AC?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:50 am
Suspended

Post 17

Originally Posted by seanp7
.We aren't questioning the AA / OneWorld rules, dear.
You're dead wrong-- and your "dear" ........ sickens-- but certainly doesn't surprise-- me. Grow up.

Post 17 has THE answer.

The AA page there clearly lists access rules to all OneWorld lounges for AA status-card-holders.
The QF page there clearly lists access rules to all OneWorld lounges for QF status-card-holders.

End of story.

Too complicated for you? Try another hobby. Or at least don't post about what you don't understand so condescendingly.

You want the answer-- from someone who knows what they are talking about? You have it. And it was given by several members before me, unequivocally. I was just reinforcing what they posted.

Some of you really don't seem to want this kind of informed, fact-based, easily documented response but I've posted it anyway for the good of preventing more confusion.

The rest-- they know where to find me.

Last edited by JonNYC; Feb 15, 2007 at 11:48 am
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:06 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I believed you Jon. Interesting there is one answer followed by 29 posts (so far) of debate which I think is someone trying (as we see again and again) to get group think swung to their POV even if wrong.

The easy solution for the non-fiscally challenged is to PAY for a membership.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by JonNYC
You want the answer-- from someone who knows what they are talking about? You have it. And it was given by several members before me, unequivocally.

Some of you really don't want-- or deserve-- this kind of informed response but I've blessed you with it anyway for the good of preventing more confusion.
As a wise man once said, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't keep him from rolling in it."
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I believed you Jon.
I know you did-- as did anyone capable of reading the rules that were posted in post 17. SO simple. SO unambiguous. An yet...

This is -not- one of the great, convoluted mysteries of the FFer/AAdvantage world. It's actually hard to believe the comprehension problem-- not to mention the attitude problem-- of those who just can't follow the (quite simple) script.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
There are a lot of people here where it is all a game to get something for nothing and then get PO'd when they lose.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
The usual overly passionate postings. Calm down, just trying to find some answers. #17 has it. Got it. We won't question it again. Thanks for posting!
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Why would you assume that when the OW site says just the opposite?
Sorry, I was confusing the OW general page with the OW AA page.

Originally Posted by Alan in CBR
Your understanding is not correct. Sapphires and Emeralds from all oneworld programs except AAdvantage can definitely access ACs even when on a wholly North American domestic itinerary.
I see that now (I can be dense sometimes). So, to restate in a different way, if you have OW top-tier status from any member other than our cuddly AA, you always get lounge access. If you have AA top-tier status, you get lounge access everywhere in the world except when flying on a North American itinerary that day.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:42 am
Suspended

The usual overly passionate postings. Calm down...
Better in this life to be passionate but informed, helpful and correct than passive, snarky, confused and utterly misinformed (not to mention incapable of absorbing simple directions).

But if you're happy so am I.

Mostly happy that I don't waste as much of my time with people like this anymore-- just tried to help clarify in this case-- for the good of all-- and you see the thanks I got.

What a spectacular waste of bandwidth this once great and enjoyable place is. Give info, get called "dear"

Over and out.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
QF's rules aren't clear, concise and unambiguous. We aren't questioning the AA / OneWorld rules, dear. If you have information that the QF lounge staff do not go by QF rules but go by the OW rules, then please share it to close the question!
Unless the QF rules specifically invite all OW top tier elites to use their lounges, regardless of itin, then why would anyone assume they would go by anything other than the rules on the OW page. It's possible for them to invite AA elites in on NA itins, but they don't say that, so we can't assume they do. The fact that the QF lounge and AC occupy the same space is completely irrelevant. I got excited when I first read the OP, but the rules from the OW page quickly dashed that excitement .
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Ok, we have our answer:

Lounge access is not available when travelling solely on North American itineraries. North American itineraries are defined as travel within or between the USA, Canada, Mexico (with the exception of Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.

And this is true whether we're talking AC, QP or Terraces.

So let's move on.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Hmm, given the wording that the OP is (was?) trying to push, it would sound like there would be no point to there being any memberships to oneworld lounges other than AA's, and the various alliance's lowest elite flyers (Ruby) and the "unwashed masses".

But I seen to recall someone elsewhere saying that getting a Qantas Club membership was better than Admiral's Club membership for exactly the reason of greater accessability.

Am I correct in assuming that there is still a "buy in" for Qantas Club membership? Or is it just for those who don't already qualify via Sapphire/Emerald?

Steve
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My head exploding-> *BANG*

Last edited by dayone; Feb 15, 2007 at 12:34 pm Reason: Added leading text to get caps to take
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by steve32
Hmm, given the wording that the OP is (was?) trying to push, it would sound like there would be no point to there being any memberships to oneworld lounges other than AA's, and the various alliance's lowest elite flyers (Ruby) and the "unwashed masses".

But I seen to recall someone elsewhere saying that getting a Qantas Club membership was better than Admiral's Club membership for exactly the reason of greater accessability.

Am I correct in assuming that there is still a "buy in" for Qantas Club membership? Or is it just for those who don't already qualify via Sapphire/Emerald?

Steve

The QF membership is only a good deal while QF and AA have their lounge agreements and there is a OW. If those fail, it won't be worth much to those living/traveling in the US.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:12 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by steve32
Yes, you can still buy Qantas Club membership. Of course if you are a QF FF it only makes sense for Ruby or no status. Any QF FF with QC membership who subsequently becomes Sapphire or Emerald has their paid membership suspended (since it is included in the perks of the status) until they drop to Ruby or nothing. At that point their paid membership is reinstated for whatever period was remaining when they gained membership by status.

I took out life membership many moons ago and it was very useful since I spent a long time as a QF Silver (OW Ruby). Since swapping to AAdvantage and gaining adequate status its only use to me at the moment is AC access when travelling domestically in North America, which is very rare. Of course I probably won't remain Sapphire or Emerald forever, so I'm sure it will come in handy again one day.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
As an aside, if you regularly fly AA in first (P) class on YUP's and the like, oneWORLD sapphire status can be very easy to earn though the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program. This will get you into those AC's on NA "domestic" itineries (+ you get drink vouchers ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.