Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines Elite-Level Members: Please Answer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

American Airlines Elite-Level Members: Please Answer

I am conducting research for an upcoming article in InsideFlyer magazine about elite-level memberships and would like your answers to the following questions. Either respond here or at [email protected].

Thank you!

1) What one benefit that you receive as an elite-level member in AAdvantage do you value the most?

2) What one elite benefit would you like to be offered that you currently aren't being offered?

3) If you could ask one question of the managers of the elite program, what would it be?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Moderator hat on

FYI, the InsideFlyer magazine is published our host Randy Petersen, the sponsor and founder of the FlyerTalk forum. I hope members of the forum will participate to help Lynda put together an article for the magazine.

[moderator hat off]
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
1) VIP upgrades
2) Ability to upgrade on other one world carriers, as United now does with *A
3) Don't you realize that the constant deterioration of service and nickel and dime treatment of customer will only make it more difficult to hold on to business travellers as the LCCs widen their networks.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

1) Dedicated EXP desk staffed by helpful and knowledgable reps

2) alliance-wide upgrades, even at higher mileage costs

3) When will we be able to book partner awards on-line?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
1. 500 miles upgrades are decent(I'm a lowly gold)
2. True status recognition on other OW airlines
3. I'd suggest a higher elite level than EXP. I think there's room for another elite level
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
1) Complimentary domestic upgrades.
2) Reduced/no co-pays for international upgrades.
3) How many EXPs/PLTs/GLDs are there?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
1. Exit Row Seats, Bonus Miles, Pre-Boarding

2. Full Mileage & Q credit on all fare classes on OW/Partner Airlines

3. Isn't it better to allow me to burn upgrade coupons on international upgrades rather than have the seat go empty (this could be structured so that they were never upgraded until the Gate)
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
1) EXP desk

2) OW-wide upgrades

3) How come we cannot book partner awards (or at least check availability online)? Both QF and AS can do it for AA and their partners why cannot AA do it to?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
1) Upgrade program
2) Alliance-wide upgrade vs full-award ticket availability
3) Don't you realize that continuing to add/increase co-pays to upgrades without an increase in service only serves to decrease customer loyality?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:23 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
I'd guess the number 1 benefit I get is the 100% miles. As only a plat. If i were exp of course it would be the upgrades. Lounge access and priority checkin and security are other reasons i wont let it go.

Would like to see? Could use to be given E+ on AA. Or even food. Whoever the heck decided dfw-hnl is domestic so no food is a total ..... (pos works)
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 2.6MM, B6 Mosaic
1) First Class check-in and security line hopping.

2) Free luggage tags. I'm PLAT... I don't expect EXP treatment, but a luggage tag'd be nice.

3) It's not a great stretch that elite flyers are, likely, some of the highest revenue generators for AA. Wouldn't it make good business sense to take care of those same people by doing away with the smaller fees (IE booking three-leg award travel, which has to be done over the phone, thereby incurring a fee) creating good will?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:27 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I recently completed a challenge in order to get AA Plat. I live outside the US and travel pretty much exclusively on business in Asia. I couldn't fly AA between my destinations if I tried. So why do I participate in AA's program? Well, I earned lots of TWA points when I used to travel to the US. There are still lots of ways to earn AA points which I can use during vacations in the US. I did the challenge because it will give me lounge access when I travel on OW carriers. I do this quite frequently, but half the time in classes where I can't earn AA miles. So for me...

1) Lounge access on OW carriers
2) Upgrades alliance-wide
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold
1) Preferred seats

2) Online booking of award tickets with the same functionality as that available on the phone.

3) Why does it have to take so long for miles to post to my account?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
1) Domestic upgrades. Tough call over eVIPs, but I guess 100x2 hours beats 8-10x8-14 hours BIS in F or J.
2) OW upgrades on eVIPs.
3) You are giving me an extra 2 eVIPs this year for hitting 125K. How about 2 VIPs for every 25K beyond 100K?

Last edited by fahrradman; Jan 3, 2007 at 2:19 pm
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
1) What one benefit that you receive as an elite-level member in AAdvantage do you value the most? -- eVIP systemwide upgrades

2) What one elite benefit would you like to be offered that you currently aren't being offered? -- upgrade possibilities on partner airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.