Search

So close to EXP... yet.. so far away?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:31 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UncleDude
This will give you approx 8800 total miles, so much you will have to look at flying another 4200 before end of the year. That is if you have exactly 87,000 EQP's.
You're mixing EQMs and EQPs here, confusing the situation, I think. If the 8800 mile figure is correct, this could earn as many as 13,200 EQPs, with 1.5X fares. This would require no further flying.

Cheers.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA GS, AMEX PLAT, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
If your tickets are in booking codes that give you 1.5 eqp then you will make it. Your MR will give you about 9485 mi + 4743 (.5 bonus) for a total of 14k+ points.

good luck.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:06 am

Location: Westford MA - AA PLT, 1.5MM, Lifetime AC, AAdvantage since 1981
Originally Posted by DGoldst432
I lived in Spain for 5 years and in my last year there I was 'given' Platinum on IB (OneWorld Emerald) even though I didn't deserve it. I was 500 elite qualifying points short (needed 6,500) and they just gave it to me anyway.
Emerald is AA's Executive Platinum. Platinum is Sapphire.

They gave you Executive Platinum??? For 6,500 IB qualifying points??? How do I sign up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.