Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Someone else' flight and Info in my Current Reservations?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals, PC Plat Ambassidor, CO PLT, UA Premiere Executive, Boycotting: Hilton, Delta, NWA,
Post Someone else' flight and Info in my Current Reservations?

This is a new one on me. I'm checking my current reservations right now, as I just booked a SAT - DFW - ATL to make sure it's ticketed. There's another flight listed in my current reservations that's not mine however. Someone with a completely different name and no AAdvantage number listed going from LAX to BNA?

It's just sitting there as reserved not ticketed "ON HOLD" until later today...but I've never seen this before. The record locater is there too...

Should I wait and see what happens or start calling about it?

What concerns me is the breach of privacy/security when I have someone else' information in my account. I hope this isn't happening to me and my information.

I took a screenshot, just for my records.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Happens occasionally. You're not gonna f%@$ with their reservation; very likely if someone saw yours, they wouldn;t f%@$ with it either. Don't worry about it.

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals, PC Plat Ambassidor, CO PLT, UA Premiere Executive, Boycotting: Hilton, Delta, NWA,
brp, thanks for the help friend.

I did call them anyhow, just to make sure. They asked me the regular questions like if I'm on a public computer or anything, which of course I have never ever checked my account balances on or anything.

She had me change my password, but when this happened, it gave me the choice of picking between one of two accounts to change the password for. Mine, or some other one I didn't recognize. So they've submitted a web services problem on it and someone's calling me back.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:00 am

AA seems pretty secure to me, they force you to login to do anything so I would only worry if you don't see your own reservations.

On the other hand, about a year ago I got an email confirming a Delta purchase for a family of 5 to my yahoo account. My name is very common, so fullname@yahoo.com means I get a ton of personal email intended for others...Anyways I clicked on it and it actually allowed me to change the seat assignments, I changed them back but didn't expect to be able to do that.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:09 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NetsAAver
brp, thanks for the help friend.

I did call them anyhow, just to make sure. They asked me the regular questions like if I'm on a public computer or anything, which of course I have never ever checked my account balances on or anything.

She had me change my password, but when this happened, it gave me the choice of picking between one of two accounts to change the password for. Mine, or some other one I didn't recognize. So they've submitted a web services problem on it and someone's calling me back.
She had you jump through extra hoops If you were seeing only someone else's account, I could see what she was saying. As it was your account, with someone else's flight inserted, I don't see how even being on a public computer and leaving it open would make that happen. Even if someone went onto your account and booked a ticket for themselves, it would stop showing up in your reservations (this is a bug of theirs, and when I book my wife and myself on separate PNRs hers sticks around for a day each time I recall it, then disappears).

Better safe than sorry, I guess, but it's truly just a web slip-up by them, and your password and account are not at risk (at least not based on this situation)

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.