Wiki Posts
Search

EXP upgrade - phone home?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
EXP upgrade - phone home?

I got upgraded on the first leg of my flight to the left coast, but not the long leg from ORD to SFO, so I called to see what was what.

The very nice lady on the EXP line said "I can clear that" and then explained that sometimes if they are expecting a big load "especially on Mondays or Fridays" they don't automatically clear EXP space.

Anyone ever heard about that before?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's called revenue management.

Unless you are saying that there WAS in fact X inventory available but that it didn't clear automatically. In that case, no, I've never heard of it and it sounds more like a technical glitch than any other specific strategy. If there was X inventory and it didn't clear automatically for whatever reason, a call to the automated line would have cleared the upgrade as well. I guess the ExpertFlyer alerts could come in handy here. If there was no X inventory and the agent cleared you anyway, well, I don't know what to say.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
She said it was X but that there were Mon/Fri holds - really struck me that I'd never noticed that before.

I always call if it doesn't clear, but I never had someone volunteer an explanation before.

Strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.