Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPA based AC/AA elite members - a call to battle!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:38 am
Suspended

Interesting - actually $120 to add access to UA lounges and $220 to add all *A sounds like a pretty good deal depending on where you are flying as places like DEN, ORD and bigger airports AA is usually in a separate area. I have access to Oneworld lounges through my AA EXP and BA Gold, and Skyteam via DL Plat and Amex Plat but have always been interested in *Star access so the US air program sounds pretty good. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by andrzej
Priority Pass would not work very well at TPA. They use the Delta club and it's in a different terminal. Each terminal has it's own security so you need a boarding pass to get through. Besides, who wants to go through security twice just to enjoy a club setting for 30 minutes?

Same with the Marriott - If I'm already in the terminal, sitting at the Chillis bar or restaurant, and find out we're delayed for 1 hour, it's not worth it to leave airside just to take the train, do a long walk to the hotel bar/restaurant. What's the difference?

You have not been to TPA? have you....
Of course I have.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Did you use one of the lounges in a different terminal at TPA (you mentioned priority pass)? The thought of having to go through security an additional time just for lounge access would rule that out for me, let alone awaiting the run in with TSA about entering the wrong terminal. What was your experience with that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.