Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA security

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:30 am

Programs: BA
Has anyone flown out of FRA on a Sunday morning recently? I'm looking at a rather tight connection from the ICE (it gets in 90 min before the flight leaves)... at LHR on Sunday morning I wouldn't be worried, so surely I can make it to AA 71 (to DFW) in an hour and a half?

I'll be PLT by then, so should be able to check in speedily... is it doable? My other option is to get there by train at 7:30am, but that means making my way to the station in Munich at 3:30am
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:16 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat, Virgin: Silver, Midwest, US Airways: Gold, NW, Lufthansa: Freq Trav
Security at FRA

Originally Posted by cingmot
Has anyone flown out of FRA on a Sunday morning recently? I'm looking at a rather tight connection from the ICE (it gets in 90 min before the flight leaves)... at LHR on Sunday morning I wouldn't be worried, so surely I can make it to AA 71 (to DFW) in an hour and a half?

I'll be PLT by then, so should be able to check in speedily... is it doable? My other option is to get there by train at 7:30am, but that means making my way to the station in Munich at 3:30am
Where are you coming in from? It is very do able. I have had the same itinerary as you. If you are taking the ICE from within 2 hours of FRA I would have a back-up plan (taking the RE) as the ICE is sometimes running late (more so it seems on the weekends).
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:24 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by wboll
Where are you coming in from? It is very do able. I have had the same itinerary as you. If you are taking the ICE from within 2 hours of FRA I would have a back-up plan (taking the RE) as the ICE is sometimes running late (more so it seems on the weekends).
I'm taking the Sprinter from Munich... surely it will be on time at 5:30am on a Sunday?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:05 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Originally Posted by cingmot
I'm taking the Sprinter from Munich... surely it will be on time at 5:30am on a Sunday?
I don't mean to rain on your parade, especially since I love riding trains myself, but in your case with the early hours, wouldn't it be much easier to just take a one way LH flight (only 1 hr flying time) MUC-FRA? On a good day they have really good prices, like $59 all in or so.

Regards,
Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.