Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Who here flies to BOG, CLO and/or MDE Colombia on a yearly basis on AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:14 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to get an idea of who flies down there quite a bit to swap some stories and information.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by dfwtexasusa
I'm trying to get an idea of who flies down there quite a bit to swap some stories and information.
i used to fly down monthly to BOG or MDE when i lived in Miami 2 yrs ago...
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Well from everything I have heard I sure wouldn't mind flying down there regularly but it probably won't be on AA. DL has had a great $376 all-in RT DFW-BOG out there for a few days but AA has not matched. Is AA typically uncompetitive on price to Colombia or is this an anomaly?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:47 pm

I fly to Colombia from JFK or MIA about 6-7 times a year. In the past I've taken AA, but for a year or so, I've been taking AVIANCA.
AA cant' hold a candle to AV's J class service from the US to Colombia.
3 weeks ago I flew J class on AV (from MIA to MDE) and they actually served caviar and smoked salmon for the appitizer for a 3 hour flight!
In addition I would rather take AV's 767-757 or MD80's over AA ragged A300 or their 757's. For what it is worth AA's 737 are not too bad.
Of course, this is just the opinion of one person; me!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687
Well from everything I have heard I sure wouldn't mind flying down there regularly but it probably won't be on AA. DL has had a great $376 all-in RT DFW-BOG out there for a few days but AA has not matched. Is AA typically uncompetitive on price to Colombia or is this an anomaly?
Herb687:

You think AA would match because the DL fare of $376 has been around now for at least 7 days. AA did dip to $581 total which is only about $200 lower than what they normally price. As far as why DL has it so low, there's no valid reason at this point. By the way, AA also wants $581 for CLO and MDE from DFW. I use Sabre to access these fares.

I've also been to Ibague and Tunja. Not much to report there except it's more economical than the major cities. Anyway, if you need more information on the cities just contact me.

Gilbert
Old Apr 29, 2008, 1:31 pm

I fly every year or at least every other year, normally thru AA. I live near Dallas. These last few years I have found it impossible to afford flying my family (wife and 4 yo son) for the end of year season. Any airline charges outrageous fares. The last time I checked all three (AA, DL, and CO) were charging more than $1,000! The most riduculous was CO which expected someone to pay more than $3000 for a coach ticket. And don't even think you can use your AAdvantage miles that time of the year. They expect you to use at least $70k per ticket. I have been forced to fly on low season now.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: AAExPlat HHGold AVLifeMiles
I live in Colombia mate and fly out of BOG or CLO for all over via MIA with AA at least 6/8 times a year. Let me know how I can help. AA flies into BAQ again now too BTW.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott and Starwood
I fly out to MDE 4 times a year from LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.