Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any tricks to booking lowest fare possible ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2006, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

any tricks to booking lowest fare possible ?

we take only one trip a year-to and from Puerto Rico.we have Miles from the last 10 years of taking this trip. however i have no idea how or when to use them. my ? today is, we are now planning this years trip... 09/14-10/03 we have not booked yet. last year (same time frame) i booked tickets thru their website at $217.00 total per person. right now cost is $441.00 total per person. are there any tricks i can use to book the flight cheaper ? this is my 1st time using this website so any feedback would be appreciated !
much thanks,
doda
Old Jul 29, 2006, 2:14 pm

I'm not experienced myself, but there's always sites like ITA Software and Sidestep.
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
http://www.sidestep.com/air/
Old Jul 29, 2006, 2:25 pm

where would you be flying from?
Old Jul 29, 2006, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

sorry we will be flying from chicago (ord) 2 of us.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by doda
sorry we will be flying from chicago (ord) 2 of us.
Do you fly with American (AA) or United (UA)? Try using their websites to look for award flights. If that is too much trouble, call reservations and say you want to use miles to buy award tickets.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:10 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
if you have made 10 rt's ord-sju on the same airline [i assume aa], you should have over 40k mi each which, i think, is enough for an award ticket on aa....you can check it out on aa.com...maybe get 1st class!

also, i looked at aa fares and for 9/16-10/3, connections were under $400 each....oops, just saw your dates were 9/14-10/3....anyway, look at different dates/ airlines....

good luck...and if my assumptions are wrong, please give more info..
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:23 pm

A site I like to use when searching air fares is www.kayak.com. You may want to check their site.

Or for award travel you may want to try www.awardplanner.com. I have read wonderful things about their service here on FT.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.