Search

FAQs and Other Post for this board

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW - AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt - PLT, Hertz Prez
Talking FAQs and Other Post for this board

1) I am at 67,890 will I make EXP?
No! You will have to jump off the Empire State Building or scrape off the gum under a Sr. FTer before you can make EXP. Read the rules on AA.com on qualification.

2) What are perks of making EXP?
Nothing. If you have to ask! Look up aa.com.

3) How can I get upgraded on an Award Ticket.
Well you cant. But if you really want to fly First or Business fell free to just go ahead and sit in a First or Business Seat, YMMV but a few folks who have tried this have been arrested.

4) What do I get when I reach 1MM, 2MM, or X MM...
You get spanked....
If you really want to know,
1MM - Lifetime Gold Status (Luggage Tags and Cards) - 4 eVIPs if you live outside the US.
2MM - Lifetime Platinum Status (Luggage Tags and Cards) - 4 eVIPS

5) How are the upgrades processed...
It must be a Full Moon!! Search!! I am too lazy to type up all the rules!!

6) I'm plat/exp and it is three weeks until my domestic mid-con will my sticker upgrade clear?
Um let's wait until your window opens and see.

7) The seatmap shows no empty seats, is the flight sold out?
NO! AA has blocked you (personally) from viewing any available seats. They dont want you to fly that flight. But if you really want to know, seatmaps do not provide an accurate picture of the flight being oversold.

8) AA is going to do XYZ sometime in the next ten years (bad or good). aka the rumor mill extraordinare.
Right!!! They will right after that flight especially for you to Mars.

9) Why does JonNYC hate me?
Because you're an idiot)

10) AA canceled my flight due to weather what compensation am I owed?
You will be given an AAnytime Aaward for a flight to PHK(Public Humiliation)

11) Will I get lounge access?
Sure... But make sure you can pay for the membership..

12) It's my honeymoon. I want to make it special. How can I fly first class without paying for it?
Answer - you can't. If your future together is so dependent on flying first class on your honeymoon, get out of the relationship now and don't get married in the first place.

13) Check my math - I am doing a challenge.
Answer - buy a calculator if you cannot add. This is not rocket science.

14) AA stole valuables from my checked bags.
Answer - You are an idiot. First you checked a bag, so we know that you're stupid. Then you claim to have put "valuables" in said bag, which you should have never checked in the first place. Don't get me started.

15) I want to fly between City A and City B, please make the best possible routing at the lowest possible cost for me...NOW!
Answer - Get off your lazy butt and go learn how to use ITA

16) I have a long-planned trip coming up this weekend, and I need 63,000 miles for an award ticket by 11pm tonight. I don't want to buy miles, have them gifted, get on an airplane, or actually spend any money. Any ideas?

A: Yes. Search here for several mile earning ideas.

17) "I'm flying BA from JFK to LHR tomorrow... will I get EQM?"
Answer: Yes. The miles will be deposited in your account as soon as the Cubs win the World Series.

18) When will AA start to fly to [exotic destination]?
Answer: 1 day after you want to fly there for free, on a sAAver award, using the accumulated miles of biennial flights to visit Aunt Sadie.

19) Why are the planes so [old] [small] [dirty] [crowded] [noisy] [smelly]?
Answer: because of people like you, who don't ask any question other than "what's the cheapest airfare I can get?"

- and the corollary question:

20) When will AA get [the hot new aircraft du jour]?
Answer: when they can afford it, but not before your special once-in-a-lifetime-wouldn't-it-be-nice-if-they-used-their-first-787-to-fly-me-LUB-MCO-in-F trip.

21) I have 99/49/24,XXX miles/points. Do you think AA will grace me to EXP/PLT/GLD?

Answer: Of course they will! (Translation: We don't really need or want more elites, especially those who are too cheap to fly the < 1,000 miles required.)

22) Why isn’t there an Admirals Club in [insert small or non-premium market]?

Answer: AA is in the business of closing Clubs not adding them.

23) Is it just me or is it harder to get upgrades, awards, F to LGA, J on transcons?

Answer: It's just you. No truth to the rumors that there are more elites, more miles in circulation and more demand for premium seats.

24)How do I get a double op-up?

Answer: Just ask. They are always available but few think to request them.

25)What are my chances of getting a bump on [insert routing without date or flight]?

Answer: Pi squared.

26) How many EXPs are there?

A. At least 20, because there have been that many in the same room at the same time at FT Dos. Not more than 4,000,000, because AA doesn't fly enough passenger-miles in a year to make more than that. Does that narrow it down enough for you?

And please ... Lets start 2 threads...

1) Roll Call: Million Mile Status

2) Roll Call: EXP/PLT/GLD

Degenerates of the universe unite!!!

Contributors:
blumie, brp, chsb, CO FF, IceTrojan, JDiver, olimaspecto, TrishBOS, vasantn, dayone, Efrem

Last edited by ratnamg; Jul 12, 2006 at 4:59 pm
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Among my favorites are:

-- Questions asking FTers to predict future fares (although the NYTimes recently reported that there now is a website that purports to do just that!).

-- Any question about food. It's airline food, folks. Some may be better than others, but it's still airline food.

-- Any post the premise of which is reliance on the seatmap for loads.

-- Self congratulating posts for non-newsworthy events (especially when combined with food-related questions): "Hey, my LAX-SFO upgrade finally cleared! What kind of caviar can I expect?"

I'm sure we'll come up with lots more.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
The upgrade question...

I'm plat/exp and it is three weeks until my domestic mid-con will my sticker upgrade clear? Um let's wait until your window opens and see.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chsb
Also the "Will I get upgraded threads."
And the "will I get an opup?" variant.

Oh, let's not forget the "will I get lounge access?" line of questions.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
A couple more I thought of along the lines of compensation....

AA canceled my flight due to weather what compensation am I owed?
None!

The meal I wanted wasn't available when the FA got around to me what compensation might I expect?
Let's not even dignify that with a response.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW - AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt - PLT, Hertz Prez
Please post your fav questions with their answers and I will edit the initial post and update it.. More fun for the day!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
How about...

1) I want to fly between City A and City B, please make the best possible routing at the lowest possible cost for me...NOW! (Answer: Get off your lazy butt and go learn how to use ITA)

2) AA is going to do XYZ sometime in the next ten years (bad or good). aka the rumor mill extraordinare. (Answer: Right....)

3) the I HATE AA BECAUSE... or another variation MY FRIENDS HATE AA BECAUSE... (Answer: Go to UA)
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
And the ever-popular:

n) Why does JonNYC hate me? (Answer: because you're an idiot)

Cheers.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, UA, CO, DL, Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by brp
And the ever-popular:

n) Why does JonNYC hate me? (Answer: because you're an idiot)

Cheers.
^ ^ ^

Laughing my azz off at that one. First lesson I learned here was how to best shoot for sticker upgrades. That was the second one
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
Answer: because you're an idiot
Or, if you really work hard at it, a dingus.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Let's not forget

It's my honeymoon. I want to make it special. How can I fly first class without paying for it? Answer - you can't. If your future together is so dependent on flying first class on your honeymoon, get out of the relationship now and don't get married in the first place.

Check my math - I am doing a challenge. Answer - buy a calculator if you cannot add. This is not rocket science.

And my personal favorite -

AA stole valuables from my checked bags. Answer - You are an idiot. First you checked a bag, so we know that you're stupid. Then you claim to have put "valuables" in said bag, which you should have never checked in the first place. Don't get me started.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Now, this is a worthwhile thread. Reading it decreases cortisol, dopac and epinephrine releasing tension and stress, stimulates the production of endorphins and growth hormone, and strengthens the immune system as well. Yeah, I am laughing my axe off!

Now, please help me out: I am planning to fly the new MIA-CZM ATR-72 flight, and want to know what seat availability will be on Dec 16 2007, whether they will serve champagne in First Class, if they will have the NBC seats yet - and how many stickers it will take to upgrade all my family members flying on an O class fare to MAD in November.

Originally Posted by LONELY without a LIFE
I also am a person who finds new meaning in life by spending my time inventing new handles I can use on FlyerTalk, and ways I can get others to violate the T&Cs or just make them sick. If you have any new ideas on how I can continue doing this, as I am running out, please help me out. Thank you!

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 11, 2006 at 5:13 pm
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:36 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Or...

The new J seat looks terrible. I'd much rather have a flat bed. When will we get flat beds? How flat will they be? Will I get champagne in my flat bed? Will I get Krug?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You well might - but you may have to wear earplugs under the NR 'phones to silence the incessant flogging of BA.

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Or...

The new J seat looks terrible. I'd much rather have a flat bed. When will we get flat beds? How flat will they be? Will I get champagne in my flat bed? Will I get Krug?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
"I'm flying UA tomorrow... will I get EQM?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.