Search

eShopping on AA.com

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 10:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, US Air- CP, United 1P, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Lightbulb eShopping on AA.com

Does anyone know how long does it take for miles to post. I have purchased an item on BestBuy through eShopping on 05/09/06 any idea when will the miles post? Thank you!!!
Old May 24, 2006, 10:54 am

Amazingly enough, aadvantageeshopping.com says this in its FAQ:

Q: After I make a purchase from an AAdvantage eShoppingSM program merchant, when will the AAdvantage miles be credited to my account?
A: The miles will be posted to your account within 8 weeks. Some exceptions do apply see participating merchant details page for complete information.
My experience says that the miles will post before the 8 weeks are out, but it usually happens between 4 and 6 weeks after the purchase is made.

Mike
Old May 24, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
I'd say you'll see them within two or three weeks from now. Depending if you selected the option or not at time of purchase on the eshopping page, you should receive a confirmation e-mail when they post as well.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Of course, as this relates to the Day 9 promotion (and probably should have been there) the challenge for some (me included) is to get the AAdvantage EShopping system to even register that the purchase was made through them. Merchandise received, so no problem with that end. Notification to AA is lacking, though.

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2006, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP (> 2.5 MM; *Wood Gld; HHonors Gld
Around 6 weeks - I bought a few things around April 10 and the miles are starting to appear
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Gold,SPG Plat, HH Silver
Originally Posted by xflyboy2005x
Does anyone know how long does it take for miles to post. I have purchased an item on BestBuy through eShopping on 05/09/06 any idea when will the miles post? Thank you!!!
I purchased some contact lense through visiondirect on 7/2/2006 and I have yet to receive the miles, I contacted AA through the AAeshopping link and was told that the miles will usually be credited 10-14 weeks after purchase.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:07 am

Go to the eshopping page and click on Customer service. You should find an option to search for an order. If it is not showing up there you should email CS.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by cme2c
Go to the eshopping page and click on Customer service. You should find an option to search for an order. If it is not showing up there you should email CS.
Hey thanks for the tip, i bought a leather chair from Officedepot and the Order showed up as "Pending" I was wondering how come i didn't get any type of confirmation from eshopping since i gave them my email address
Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:19 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by afang
Hey thanks for the tip, i bought a leather chair from Officedepot and the Order showed up as "Pending" I was wondering how come i didn't get any type of confirmation from eshopping since i gave them my email address
The search order feature is VERY good and very reliable, but not infallible. I've placed ~200 orders since eShopping began, and have 10 or so that were missed. I still do a monthly audit against the "pending" logs.

I will say, in every instance, AA has either made good on the miles or gotten the merchant to post correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.