Wiki Posts
Search

hwo to get 600 miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

hwo to get 600 miles

i currently have 24,429 miles in my account,. i hope this is the right place but does anyone know of any web survery that i can get quickly the points without flying or buying anything? thanks
Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Well if your looking for just the miles, ie not for status then:

Have you gone to opinion place ?

Have you done the 250 mile lincoln car deal? look around this site and you can find it.

Now if your looking for 600 FLYING MILES to become GOLD, then THERE IS NO OTHER WAY OF GETTING IT OTHER THAN FLYING.

Drew
Old Apr 30, 2006, 6:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

nothing to do with gold but i need 2 buy X amount of miles and it would be chaper if i could get 25k then i can buy in increments of 1K
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Any online surveys aren't going to post soon enough, if you are looking for it quick. Certainly no quicker than idine. opinionplace usually posts within a week or two.

If you need them within a month, sign a credit card up at idine.com. If you are already a member and have dined 10 times this year, then you are eligible to earn full mileage amounts. Some restaurants are 20 miles per dollar, which means a $30 meal gets you 600 miles. If not, then I think you get something like 1, 2, or 3 miles per dollar.

I don't know of any instant miles except for flying. Sorry.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL MM/DM, UA GS
Lincoln Test-Drive

Originally Posted by bundi404
i currently have 24,429 miles in my account,. i hope this is the right place but does anyone know of any web survery that i can get quickly the points without flying or buying anything? thanks
I think there is an option on www.aa.com to view a promotional video about Lincoln cars that earns 500 miles. You can schedule a test-drive and get more. I did the video online.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL MM/DM, UA GS
Originally Posted by KL808
Well if your looking for just the miles, ie not for status then:

Have you gone to opinion place ?

Have you done the 250 mile lincoln car deal? look around this site and you can find it.

Now if your looking for 600 FLYING MILES to become GOLD, then THERE IS NO OTHER WAY OF GETTING IT OTHER THAN FLYING.

Drew
Actually, there is a way ... you can contact AA for a challenge. That gets you Gold status immediately.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
The 250 miles for watching the lincoln zephyr video expired a while ago. The 500 miles for watching it was available only to those who were targeted for it.
However, one can still get 2500 miles for test-driving a zephyr. Just print the coupon off of aa.com, it's listed under the retail partners of AAdvantage. IIRC, it took a couple of weeks to post.
Old May 1, 2006, 4:48 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thumbs up The OP's prayer has been answered!

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552940

http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vie...omotionContent

Get a free ticket for only 18,750 to 22,500 miles!
If U use 18,750, consider calling AAdvantage to convert 5K AA to 10K HHonors & see if they will do it without the nasty $25 fee which makes it not-worthwhile.
Old May 1, 2006, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Calif.Steve
Actually, there is a way ... you can contact AA for a challenge. That gets you Gold status immediately.
Is there a way to do a challenge without flying? If so please fill everyone in.
Old May 1, 2006, 7:57 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bodega124
No.

Cheers.
Old May 1, 2006, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
No.

Cheers.
I guess that's what I get for trying sarcasm for the first time! I should leave that to the experts.

Chastened,
B124
Old May 1, 2006, 8:05 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by bodega124

The Challenge is ALL about flying... you have to put your butt in the seat and go somewhere.

CF
Old May 1, 2006, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
The Challenge is ALL about flying... you have to put your butt in the seat and go somewhere.
The way I read it, bodega124 is well aware that challenges are all about flying. S/he was simply responding to someone else who apparently does NOT understand that challenges require putting one's rear end in a seat.
Old May 2, 2006, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by bundi404

IF you need to fly and are only missing 500 mi, then you can still book an award. So it looks like you only need 71 mi to actually use your miles.
Old May 2, 2006, 3:15 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The OP still needs to get his/her hands on that last 500 miles sometime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.