Search

David Cush remarks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Skywards, Flying Blue, Miles & More
David Cush remarks

AA's David Cush has told NYC Sales that no 757 expansion to Europe will be happening soon. AA is to concentrate on the biggies, such as JFK-LHR. Markets such as JFK-BRU and JFK-CDG have proved to be unprofitable. Surprisingly, JFK-ZRH does remain profitable and a key route.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP (> 2.5 MM; *Wood Gld; HHonors Gld
How likely is the cancellation of JFK-CDG or JFK-BRU ?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Skywards, Flying Blue, Miles & More
Originally Posted by DutchMember
How likely is the cancellation of JFK-CDG or JFK-BRU ?
JFK-CDG cancellation is not likely as AA needs this for strategic reasons. As a matter of fact, AA would lose some corporate contracts in Paris it only operated one flight on this route.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Also, I believe from a previous discussion that AA provides SN Brussels major connectons as SN does not fly between JFK-BRU on their own metal, but instead relies on the AA codeshare.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by fly72
AA's David Cush has told NYC Sales that no 757 expansion to Europe will be happening soon. AA is to concentrate on the biggies, such as JFK-LHR. Markets such as JFK-BRU and JFK-CDG have proved to be unprofitable. Surprisingly, JFK-ZRH does remain profitable and a key route.
Apples and oranges. If JFK-CDG is unprofitable with 763, that doesn't mean it would be with 752...

There are 20 wingleted 757's. They're going somewhere. That somewhere isn't MIA-ORD-DFW. The first priority is getting them to the potentially profitable south american markets ex-MIA. Europe can follow along 6-12mos later, perhaps when new J seating in the 752's allows them to replace "primary" 763 markets like BRU-JFK.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
It probably wouldn't hurt if AA had more domestic feeder traffic into JFK or bought JetBlue to quickly provide same.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by fly72
AA is to concentrate on the biggies, such as JFK-LHR.
Will the possibility that more US-based airlines will be allowed to fly into LHR affect this?
Old Apr 10, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
I used to think UAL "had" to keep JFK-CDG service as well. So much for that. It's amazing to me that AA can't eek out a profit flying between two of the world's great cities. Go figure. I just hope they don't go the UAL route and drop it. Non-stop flights to Paris are a wonderful thing.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Pismocrab
I used to think UAL "had" to keep JFK-CDG service as well. So much for that. It's amazing to me that AA can't eek out a profit flying between two of the world's great cities. Go figure. I just hope they don't go the UAL route and drop it. Non-stop flights to Paris are a wonderful thing.
well, when the main player in the market is AF, there's no guarantee that capacity and fare decisions are being made with profit maximizing as the top goal.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:58 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by justageek
It probably wouldn't hurt if AA had more domestic feeder traffic into JFK or bought JetBlue to quickly provide same.
AA did have feeders into JFK when they bought TWA, and the Number One connection Destination for Transatlantic travelers...Central Florida, had all their flights transferred to LGA..Go Figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.