Community
Wiki Posts
Search

re-booking/ volunteer bump & fare class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:53 am
Original Poster

re-booking/ volunteer bump & fare class

Is it normal when taking a volunteer bump to then get whatever miles/points one would normally get for the class of service they were bumped to?

I was only a discount coach fare, took a volunteer bump and was politely given a comp. up to first, and noticied I received the 500 as opposed to 250 bonus miles for that segment.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 1:40 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Without details on your status and the particulr flight, it's hard to answer this. What situation would give 250 bonus miles? Since the minimum miles/segment is 500, the bonus miles are 500 for EXP/PLT and 125 for GLD. The only way I can see getting 250 bonus miles is LD on a 1000 mile flight. Now, if you're talking about COS bonus, then this is different from status bonus, and something may have happened here. Overall, nowhere enough information for a specific answer.

In general, yes, this can happen. It has been discussed here many times.

Cheers.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 1:53 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I think the OP may be referring to the "new and improved" Online booking bonus:

"Bonus Miles Terms and Conditions
**AAdvantage members can earn up to 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per eligible ticket booked and purchased on AA.com: 250 bonus miles per flight for travel in Economy class and/or 500 bonus miles per flight for travel in First or Business class. A maximum of two bonuses may be earned per passenger per itinerary."
Old Apr 9, 2006, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

correct, talking about the online booking bonus- I had 250 for some of the flights and 500 for the one she bumped me to first on.

strange that the T&C says max of 2 per itnerary, i've been getting it on all flights i think.

thanks
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
It appears that it is a lot easier for the AAgent to rebook you in Y (for coach) or F (for first) than to look up your original fare class and book you in that class. Based on posts here, it seems that most of the time, they just put you into F or Y. They have another flight to work, and want to get done with the last one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.