Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Million Miles.......Ho Hum!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Paul5E, do you have a breakdown on the way the last MM were earned?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by paul5E
So I just went past 4MM in January and unfortunately these thresholds seem to be coming faster and faster these days! I see that I actually had over 100K miles added in January with about 35K actual miles flown....so the thresholds just keep adding up.......another Million miles.....new Bag tags.....4 more eVIP's....etc, etc...Ho Hum!!!

My question is does everyone get the same note from AA or does it change after say 5MM or 10MM???

Dear paul5E,
Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions of miles add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy.

We are gratified by your dedication and confidence in us. Thanks for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage program.

Yours truly,

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs

I received the exact same e-mail today from AA cogratulating me on four million miles. I've been at this game since 1982, but have just started doing MR's again after a seven year hiatus. Most of the old-timers at AA SAN still recognize me from the old days. That's a nice feeling when entering the AC or boarding a flight. I'll look for you in the "Club" sometime. ^
Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Originally Posted by maltasr
I received the exact same e-mail today from AA cogratulating me on four million miles. I've been at this game since 1982, but have just started doing MR's again after a seven year hiatus. Most of the old-timers at AA SAN still recognize me from the old days. That's a nice feeling when entering the AC or boarding a flight. I'll look for you in the "Club" sometime. ^
Congrats! ^ ^

Same as my other questions: 1) estimated date for the next million; 2) break-down of the last million miles?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by paul5E
plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy.
What did you get as a "present"?

Has anyone ever experienced any recognition/benefit from being a million miler besides a new card? I an AAdvantage member since 1982 (all numbers), have almost 3MM miles, and have never noticed anything different or special in terms of any recognition or otherwise by an AA employee, other than what I would normally get with my then current elite status.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum (Former EXP, CK) 6MM, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nologic
What did you get as a "present"?

Has anyone ever experienced any recognition/benefit from being a million miler besides a new card? I an AAdvantage member since 1982 (all numbers), have almost 3MM miles, and have never noticed anything different or special in terms of any recognition or otherwise by an AA employee, other than what I would normally get with my then current elite status.
I too have been a long time member.....March of 1982....and have all numbers in my ID........I really didn't go at this in earnest till 1994....at which point I had approx 120K Lifetime miles....As far as a present, the only thing I have received in the past was the 4 additional eVip upgrades and the bag tags......but I just got the email today so we'll see what shows up in the mail.....I'll let everyone know.

Cheers!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum (Former EXP, CK) 6MM, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 777-DCA
Paul5E, do you have a breakdown on the way the last MM were earned?
Actually the last 1MM was highly enhanced by the "Triple Miles" promotion in 1994 both on the backend of the 3MM and front end of the 4MM trip. I did 176 segments and 275KBIS miles that year and paid for all the expenses on my AAdvantage CC, but last year and a job change had me only managing to make to 100K threshold (points not miles) with 2 mileage runs in December to put me over the top.

But another job change this year has me back in the saddle and could actually challange the 2004 numbers....so here I sit on March 9th with 40 segments already flown and 84K points in my account since 1/06 and a trip planned later this month of LAX/London/JFK/ORD/SAN in "J" which might just put me over the top for this year.......the question is whether there might be some awesome promotion this year like the one in 2004 (4X miles actually)!

Cheers!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:32 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Now that's a nice arrangement. I was never able to get my spouse to enjoy flying. Coach or Business Class....

Originally Posted by brp
Exactly...and do it with one's partner/so/spouse. We leave tonight for London, and return on Monday- more trips, fewer nights .

Cheers.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by GRR_Flier
We are talking of 1MM not a paltry 100K, so no point in doing the DAL-AUS 60K run.
Cheers,
GRR_Flier
The 60k promo is equal to flying 30,000 BIS miles (+100% bonus=60k)! You go right ahead and fly 30,000 extra miles to equal the 6 short RTs < 1 hr of flying time. So that makes a total of 12 hrs vs. 50 hrs. (30,000 miles/ 600 mph) of flying time.... @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.