Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: EXP / Executive Platinum Desk - Service Experiences (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Called EP desk a few days ago with reference to an expiring/expired ticket. There's no question, now that I understand the situation and recall the details, that I'm in the position of asking for an exception and favor--that's fine, maybe they'll grant it, maybe they won't-- not a lot of $$ involved. I never ask for stuff. I didn't think I was asking for a favor when I first called the other day-- but when the EP agent explained it to me, I now fully understand that I am.

EP desk said they checked with tariff or rates and was told this request would have to be addressed to customer relations and that as an EP I could speak to them directly-- "just call back before 4pm tomorrow and ask us to connect you-- give it a shot!" Cool, I'll give it a shot.

Called just now and asked for CR and EP agent said "well let me take a look." Gave her ticket # and then explained the situation (there was a re-issue, etc.) She then started "blocking" for CR-- who I never even thought of asking for before it was suggested to me the other day-- was gonna' let it drop-- but EP agent the other day encouraged me to pursue it since "I fly so much" etc.

The keynote was the quoted portion-- I was gracefully trying to back out of the conversation, seeing that it was going nowhere, but EP agent insisted on finding out "why I was calling" since in her mind I was told the other day "no way." And, her precious final comment "I'm just trying to figure out why you're calling here??"

'Cause I was told to?

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 7, 2014 at 8:51 am Reason: restore original post title
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Called EP desk a few days ago with reference to an expiring/expired ticket. There's no question, now that I understand the situation and recall the details, that I'm in the position of asking for an exception and favor--that's fine, maybe they'll grant it, maybe they won't-- not a lot of $$ involved. I never ask for stuff. I didn't think I was asking for a favor when I first called the other day-- but when the EP agent explained it to me, I now fully understand that I am.

EP desk said they checked with tariff or rates and was told this request would have to be addressed to customer relations and that as an EP I could speak to them directly-- "just call back before 4pm tomorrow and ask us to connect you-- give it a shot!" Cool, I'll give it a shot.

Called just now and asked for CR and EP agent said "well let me take a look." Gave her ticket # and then explained the situation (there was a re-issue, etc.) She then started "blocking" for CR-- who I never even thought of asking for before it was suggested to me the other day-- was gonna' let it drop-- but EP agent the other day encouraged me to pursue it since "I fly so much" etc.

The keynote was the quoted portion-- I was gracefully trying to back out of the conversation, seeing that it was going nowhere, but EP agent insisted on finding out "why I was calling" since in her mind I was told the other day "no way." And, her precious final comment "I'm just trying to figure out why you're calling here??"

'Cause I was told to?
EP line sucks... that is my opinion... and for once you and I agree.

Saludos desde Buenos Aires!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:48 am
askworldtraveler

If you were asking for something important like bringing back Sundaes - they would put you right through - Did you get to CR or just let it drop?

Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Yeah, while I have been generally very pleased with the EXP desk I cannot understand sometimes why sometimes the attitude and helpefulness of certain reps can be so divergent. I have definitely the best (as well as some of the worst) service in my time as an AA customer when calling the EXP desk.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyACN
EP line sucks... that is my opinion... and for once you and I agree.
Nope, we don't. I still have a 90%+ positive experience with EP line-- "Sucks"? Not in my opinion-- that's why this exchange was such a shocker to me.

EP line is easily 50% of the appeal of EP to me.

As far as how I will proceed, she told me to "take it up with headquarters" so, I'l take it up with headquarters.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:16 pm

Nope, we don't. I still have a 90%+ positive experience with EP line-- "Sucks"? Not in my opinion-- that's why this exchange was such a shocker to me.

EP line is easily 50% of the appeal of EP to me.

As far as how I will proceed, she told me to "take it up with headquarters" so, I'l take it up with headquarters.
A few days ago...wouldn't that have been Sunday? NEVER CALL ON SUNDAY!!!! (or after hours). The 10% you referred to was *always* on the weekends. During the week, not one complaint.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Darren
A few days ago...wouldn't that have been Sunday? NEVER CALL ON SUNDAY!!!! (or after hours). The 10% you referred to was *always* on the weekends. During the week, not one complaint.
Well, the bad call was today, the "good" call was either Sunday or Monday.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Look at the good side here. At least you didn't drop down to Gold
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:12 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
And, her precious final comment "I'm just trying to figure out why you're calling here??"

'Cause I was told to?
hAAng up, cAAll bAAck, get AAnother AAgent. Geeez, I thought you knew thAAt.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
And, her precious final comment "I'm just trying to figure out why you're calling here??"
This is the kind of bullsh*t I absolutely detest.

It's bad enough when you get treated that way as a plebian customer. It's unforgivable to treat a 'good' customer that way, even if you're NOT going to grant the exception. It's disingenuous, sarcastic, bullsh*t, and it shouldn't be tolerated by AA.

I doubt it says anything about the EXP line, in particular. It's the kind of thing you're going to run into at any organization if you call enough, especially one with thousands of phone reps.

That said, I'm more convinced every day that while there are some AC duds, as well, I'm getting tremedous client value from the AC AAngels.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is this what happens if someone were to call up the EXP desk "too much" and get the same "bad" agent repeatedly? (At least there doesn't seem to be too many of those in my experience.)

In any event, such attitude from the EXP AAgents -- or any others -- is undue.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
hAAng up, cAAll bAAck, get AAnother AAgent. Geeez, I thought you knew thAAt.
At this point I don't even want to to that-- this *****y agent took me from just calling-- where I prefaced everything I said with "look, I know technically I'm out of luck" and/or "I realize I'm asking for a major accommodation here"-- to making me feel like a beggar and a conniver.

Fact is, I was actually trying to end the conversation as convivially as possible when she started with her "wait a minute, you were already told no on this??" routine. I -was- told the ticket was technically expired (It had been re-issued so I mistakenly thought it's date of issuance was actually March 10, 2005) but I was also told to call back and ask for CR-- even after I said "ah well, I guess I better keep better track of these things in the future"-- ready to write off the $800ish. Ya'ever see Gaslight?

I didn't get her name, but she had a very distinctive voice and next time she picks up I most assuredly wouldn't hesitate to hang up on her without even the normal pretense of a "oh-- I just got another call" etc.

What a dummy.

Last edited by JonNYC; Mar 1, 2006 at 3:48 pm
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is this what happens if someone were to call up the EXP desk "too much" and get the same "bad" agent repeatedly?
I'm not sure I catch your drift. Can you clarify?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I didn't get her name, but she had a very distinctive voice and next time she picks up I most assuredly wouldn't hesitate hang up on her without even the normal pretense of a "oh-- I just got another call" etc.

What a dummy.
Would you worry about some sort of reprisal if you hung up on her (since she has your AAdv # when you call)? Like some sort of nasty note on your file? Or could you just get that 'scrubbed out'?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tismfu
Would you worry about some sort of reprisal if you hung up on her (since she has your AAdv # when you call)? Like some sort of nasty note on your file?
That certainly wouldn't be a concern of mine. YMMV though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.