Search

How to get J Seat on MIA-JFK 762?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
How to get J Seat on MIA-JFK 762?

Hi all,
I'll be on a 762 MIA-JFK mid-week in March. Is there any chance of snagging a J seat? If so, how? I'm not a platnium member or anything.

Thanks.

-Will
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by Winglets747
Hi all,
I'll be on a 762 MIA-JFK mid-week in March. Is there any chance of snagging a J seat? If so, how? I'm not a platnium member or anything.

Thanks.

-Will
The most likely occurrences would be if you paid for J or used miles to upgrade.

Depending on load levels, you may be offered the opportunity to upgrade at the self service check-in machine at the airport for $150.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Despite being 3-class aircraft, the 762s flying JFK-MIA are only sold as two class, enabling many coach passengers to sit in the much nicer J cabin (though still receiving coach service). In order to pre-reserve these J seats you must either be an AA elite or full-fare coach passenger. You could also try asking at check-in, but in all liklihood these seats will already be claimed by then.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j3823x
The most likely occurrences would be if you paid for J or used miles to upgrade.

Depending on load levels, you may be offered the opportunity to upgrade at the self service check-in machine at the airport for $150.
Yes, please ignore this (incorrect) advice, and refer to the comments by FlyerBeek.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Despite being 3-class aircraft, the 762s flying JFK-MIA are only sold as two class, enabling many coach passengers to sit in the much nicer J cabin (though still receiving coach service). In order to pre-reserve these J seats you must either be an AA elite or full-fare coach passenger. You could also try asking at check-in, but in all liklihood these seats will already be claimed by then.

-FlyerBeek
You can also ask at the gate just before you board - a J seat may open up if an elite gets a last minute upgrade to F.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 5:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by j3823x

As others have pointed out, the above advice is definitely incorrect; sorry about that; I had a brain slip and was thinking about the transcontinentals.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, Skywards, Flying Blue, Miles & More
Originally Posted by Winglets747
Hi all,

Thanks.

-Will
The B762 used on MIA-JFK is sold as 2 class, and the J seats are kept for top tier AAdvantage members, as well as full fare Y. That being said, you could ask for a J seat at check in and may be given one if available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.