Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast, J class DFW-LGW?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2006, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Breakfast, J class DFW-LGW?

Title nearly says it all - people keep saying that 767 Int. J service is better than on 777, so I wonder if this is reflected in breakfast options.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, Skywards
AA B763 J breakfasts option are better than B777 J, however, no eggs made to order. Don't even expect an omelet. But the B763 service is better than the B777. Talk about product confusion. J on one flight is not the same on another.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by xfly
AA B763 J breakfasts option are better than B777 J, however, no eggs made to order. Don't even expect an omelet. But the B763 service is better than the B777. Talk about product confusion. J on one flight is not the same on another.
Is there a hot option at all, or just cold? (Who would have thought a few years back that one would ever have to ask such questions?)
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:17 pm
Suspended

You should consider non-US carriers. That would answer the question. However, I do believe AA has a hot muffin or something of the sort. When AA had F on the B763s, the eggs for breakfast were based on COMPETITION... if UA flew the same route with eggs, AA had them too!!! However, AA at this time is more concerned with itself than with what others are doing... wonder why passengers are flocking to other airlines!!!
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
You should consider non-US carriers. That would answer the question. However, I do believe AA has a hot muffin or something of the sort. When AA had F on the B763s, the eggs for breakfast were based on COMPETITION... if UA flew the same route with eggs, AA had them too!!! However, AA at this time is more concerned with itself than with what others are doing... wonder why passengers are flocking to other airlines!!!
Yes so many pax "flocking" to other airlines. I guess that explains why AA's revenue is up and its load factors are at all time highs.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:24 pm
Suspended

AA is full of passengers who have no other options. Those, such as me, that have class and culture... fly on EK, BA, JL and so on... Enjoy your butter paty, chsb, to give you caviar, cognacs or Dom Perignon would be a waste of these products.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Don't even expect an omelet..........
I just had an omelet in F on an ORD/LAS flight last month.

...and a warm biscuit (or bagel).

It was quite good actually
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Domestic F is different from international J. As I said, AA bases catering offerings on competition, not customer preference. A fruit plate and muffin may be expected at most. Please visit www.airlinemeals.net and search for a corresponding meal.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:44 pm

AA is full of passengers who have no other options. Those, such as me, that have class and culture... fly on EK, BA, JL and so on... Enjoy your butter paty, chsb, to give you caviar, cognacs or Dom Perignon would be a waste of these products.

Where have I heard this schpiel before.....
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Wexflyer, I am not positive, but I think all the UK flights get the "Continental Breakfast" if I remember correctly. (It's almost funny how often genuine Continental breakfasts include boiled eggs, cheese selections, cold cuts... on the ground in the Continent, of course.)

xfly, thank you for so cordially writing us all off. So, why do you bother to post here, when the fora for your predilect airlines are undoubtedly awaiting you with baited breath? (Oh, try writing "Those, such as I..." over there; correctly used English flows so much better, don't you agree?)

Meanwhile, we the great optionless and unwashed hoi polloi of AA, shall also continue to fly QF, CX, BA, LA or others when we feel moved to do so, or AA when we prefer or if it is more convenient.

Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:49 pm
Suspended

I've had more of those things-- on the ground and in the air-- than you ever will, but what gives me "class and culture" is -not- thinking that that gives me class and culture. Far from it-- I'm still a lowlife.

Grow up and stop being so insulting to members here-- that's probably what got your previous FT handle here in trouble.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:57 pm

I found the coach NW breakfast from DTW to FRA to be a better meal than the 777 J breakfast from DFW to FRA.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Your post, apart from being richly ironic, does lead me to question whether you actually fly BA. I'm not a big fan of airline breakfasts on either BA or AA (the most satisfactory I've had was on LA) but even in BA F I'd skip the "full" English onboard and have it in the lounge. Btw, you do know that the wine on AA is considered to be superior to that on BA.

Dom indeed! To be honest I'm surprised you're not espousing the benefits of Krug.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:23 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice to know you mr. x. me suspectes you are gone.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JonNYC
BTW, Diet Pepsi comes in liters, Champagne comes in 750ml bottles.
^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.