Wiki Posts
Search

Longest RJ Flight on AE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2006, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, SWA RR; MR Platinum; National EC Executive
Longest RJ Flight on AE

Which is the longest RJ flight you have had on Eagle. I worked both the XNA-LAX and DFW-SBA flights on the CRJ. If it was as bad working, I can only imagine what it was like sitting. Both over 1200 miles.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Wow, and I was griping out my ATL-ORD flight on a CR7 (606 mi)

I have a DFW-CLE flight on a CR7 in May... 1021 miles
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:16 pm

RDU-AUS 1159 miles
ORD-NAS 1305 miles
DFW NAS 1297 miles
LGA-XNA 1141 miles
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:21 pm
nfc

Programs: WN AList; Delta Nada; Hilton DIamond; Marriot Gold
Haven't experienced it, but Nassau (NAS) is a 1299 mi flight from DFW on a CR7. I looked at taking Mrs. nfc there earlier this year, but hell hath no furry like a wife stuck on a RJ with a flight time just short of 4 hours.

With other airlines, we've had flights over 1k mi. They're not much fun. I'm 6'3" and needed a can opener to wedge myself out of the seat after 3 hours.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Wow, and I was griping out my ATL-ORD flight on a CR7 (606 mi)

I have a DFW-CLE flight on a CR7 in May... 1021 miles
I have done the CMH-DFW. There is also a CMH-MIA flight in a 145!
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nfc
..............They're not much fun. I'm 6'3" and needed a can opener to wedge myself out of the seat after 3 hours.
Try being 6'6"/290 on any commuter size equipment

It takes about 1/2 hour to get feeling back in my legs after a flight
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:11 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Wink

As I've stated before, I love those cute little RJ's w/ only the one ("A") seat on one side. A whole row to myself!! ^

I have flown this DFW/OKC and DTW/ORD and found it just fine.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
DFW-SBA is 1315 miles in a CR7; I've never done that as I ususally connect in LAX instead for the short 24 minute flight up the coast, but I have a friend doing SBA-DFW in a few weeks.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: All of 'em
You mean longest in terms of miles or in terms of hours. The latter would be about a 4 hour run from IAD-LGA, most of it spent out in on the apron.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by DCA Blondie
RDU-AUS 1159 miles
I was about to mention this one - on our way to RDU a few weeks ago the trip was a breeze, a delayed departure but once we boarded, we took off promptly from AUS and the flight was a little more than 2 hours. Coming back to AUS we departed after a delay (plane was coming from IAD or DCA the weekend of the big snowstorm up there) and the flight was about 4 due to headwinds and some kind of weird routing (the pilots mentioned we went way out of the way of their usual route). Lots of stir crazy people by the time we finally landed.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 4:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Longest I have done is BOS-STL - 1046miles , and that was plenty in 3A after only arriving in BOS 1 hour before from LHR (and then heading straight to ORD)
Old Feb 24, 2006, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
I've done DFW-CLE (1021 miles). Fortunately, long RJ flights on AA are fairly rare...

I do pity the people who do 1371 miles from LAX-XNA... only to end up in Arkansas!
Old Feb 24, 2006, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Eagle used to fly JFK-YHZ with a Saab.... 600 miles, so three hours wheels up to wheels down. Compared to that, three hours in a jet of any size would be heaven.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyer23
I do pity the people who do 1371 miles from LAX-XNA... only to end up in Arkansas!
I hear ya but if they ain't from Arkansas they're probably going to pitch something to the biggest retailer on earth...

I recall a story my dearly departed grandfather told me about a time he and his partner took a train from NY to Detroit in the post WWI era to meet with Henry Ford about a gizmo for use in the automotive business. Its nice to think some folks still trek to odd places in America to exploit huge opportunities.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:29 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I'll do SJC-LAX/SNA (or anything less than that distance, except in a T-Storm,) in an RJ, but refuse to consider anything longer after a ORD-RIC (640 miles,) in a storm. I like the west coast trips, as the winds are fairly mild. I can't understand why ORD-JFK is 2 RJ's a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.