Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intl upgrade--would you choose there or back?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2006, 2:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
g33kgrl, IMO and subjective experience (the knees!) the "mini-cabin had slightly less leg room than the main cabin in the old days of "More Room Throughout Coach;" I wonder if the mini-cabin now has slightly more seat pitch than the main cabin, since they put more seats into main cabin? (I can vouch that row 13 has limited recline!)

The AA website is useless, as it still shows "MRTC" dimensions in written aircraft seating descriptions. Anybody?
Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:06 pm

Programs: Various
If I had to choose between one or the other, I'd go with the Inbound/Return.

+ Easier check in and pre-boarding etc especially being that you will be at CDG (one of the more hectic airports in Europe)

+ You may likely be tired of dealing with the "unkown" as far as meals, where to sleep etc. and it would be nice to just have it all dialed in for you.

+ A quicker chance at immigration at your US destination and possible to get through it a bit sooner.

+ The comfort of a nice seat to relax after your long trip and the ability to "take it all in".

+ If for some reason J is overbooked, the may be a slight chance of OP UP to F.

+ Lounge access may come into play.

+ If you get stuck due to a delay or something, you'll get priority over the Y pax for possibly a better flight/alt carrier/hotel/food etc.

+ Not sure about this one, but is the baggage allowance better for J and F?

+ Less likelyhood of being disappointed if I were to take J on the outbound and start having higher expectations of everything upon arrival into Europe...setting the standard or what have you.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
No chance at all, actually, on a two class Boeing 767-323ER with only Y and J cabins.

Originally Posted by Robt760
+ If for some reason J is overbooked, the may be a slight chance of OP UP to F.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
No chance at all, actually, on a two class Boeing 767-323ER with only Y and J cabins.
Sure there is a chance. The two F private suites are located in front of seats 2 A & B, on the left side of the aircraft, one just forward of the exit door, and the other just aft. They are small, but many travelers luxuriate in the privacy. Be sure to check as soon as the seat belt sign is turned off. If nobody is in one of the F cabins, you are allowed to upgrade yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.